Opening a Shop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bronks, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bronks

bronks

I've got some money to lay down for a startup (affiliate/franchise?). I wanna piggyback with an established firm and I'm looking for a turnkey outfit. I'll supply the office, equipment, management. They supply everything else.

Who's reputable and good at it?
    Leaning towards Echo or Swifttrade.

2. if you are looking for a turnkey operation you may want to look at World Trade and Title Trading as well

3. Who is going to supply the traders?

4. Giant difference between Echo and Swiftrade..? Iw have a couple different models for our affiliated groups....PM me if you like, let me know some more details.

Don

5. bronks

bronks

I have a small group (about 4-5) ready and willing. Probably have to advertise for more.

6. Probably?

You will have to advertise, with cheesy craigslists ads and "job" postings on career sites. You will also need to have your current guys try to recruit others and give them a piece of the override.

Are you a trader yourself? If you are, why are you not talking to your own firm. If you are not, that is a BIG negative.

Why exactly do you want to invest in something like this?

7. bronks

bronks

Don, can you be more specific between Echo & Swift.
    You can air it out here, or PM.

8. bronks

bronks

Retail trader for years. No firm, just brokers.

There are many reasons why I want to do this. Number one of which, that there is nothing for traders here. Must be something to do with the time zone... not everyone likes a 3:30 am opening bell... :mad:
    However, you do have the rest of the day after the close. :D

9. You must be hanging ten in Hawaii? I think this is best time zone around.... I am West Coast and love the 1PM close but would love 11 AM better.

10. bronks

bronks

Yes.

I'll be honest, it's tough adjusting. Your deepest sleep happens around the time you have to wake up. It took me years and you have to be very disciplined in keeping your bedtime hours consistent... but the payoff is wonderful. I love early mornings just as the sun is about to come up. And if you make your nut early, you can catch a mid-morning surf. Groms are in school and punks usually don't hit the line-up 'till afternoon.
    Nothing else like it.

#10     Nov 4, 2009