Opened an account with OANDA - Questions...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by MasterGambler, Jul 21, 2012.

1. when do you enter and exit positions?

#21     Jul 22, 2012
  2. What the crap?!? That's new to me.. Not even two months ago I walked a friend through the signup process and there was no requirement like this. Even their "accredited declaration" form is dated "June 2012"...

I suppose I stand corrected. But they'll sure hear from me on Monday about this.. something seems off.

#22     Jul 22, 2012
  3. When people are getting emotional and tossing in the towel on a capitulation surge... I take the money off the weak hands and hold it to give it back to them when it's worth more.

Either that or I enter into a trend when people are second guessing the move.

#23     Jul 22, 2012
  4. yeah well, I guess if that only happens during non news events you are somehow doing miraculously well

Seeing as how in this day in age everyday is a news event somewhere in the world, and almost evey hour something is getting announced somewhere, you must be stepping very lightly

What do you do? Just wait until the spread gets down to one pip like everybody else is paying and then enter or exit?

#24     Jul 22, 2012
  5. Jesus... Lay off the new guy mr unemployment check monger... (oldtime)

I just glanced at OANDA spreads on their website.

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/why/spreads/recent
    Frigging beautiful spreads...

Max spread of 1.6 EUR/USD on Friday... Averaging around 1-1.2 pips...

And there was a huge slide in the EUR/USD too.

Nothing to worry about there MG!!!

#25     Jul 22, 2012
  6. thanks for the support, it aint easy being unemployed, you have to manage your money well, a few bad decisions and before you know it, you'll end up with a job again. I could have filed as a professional trader, but the small amount of money I made in 2011, combined with the fact that I took the 60/40 split made filing as unemployed just one less red flag.

#26     Jul 22, 2012