Openecry commissions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fluttrader, Mar 3, 2008.

1. it's been ok for 25mins now

#51     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Ok for at least the last hour.

Hopefully just a hiccup with the new firewall software.

#52     Mar 10, 2008
  3. ryank

ryank

I've been gone most of the day but I did get a call from OEC around lunch time. I was told that not many people were having this problem (I'm just lucky I guess). They did something to the firewall and/or firewall hardware. He indicated he spoke to someone else who was having the exact same problem as me and that whatever they did seemed to fix it.

I am now back in my office and checking out the DOM. Seems to take orders and cancel them without any problems (I am placing them way outside of the market so I don't get an accidental fill in case something is still wrong). I will trade tomorrow and get some fills and see how it goes. Everybody else back up to speed without any problems since this morning?

#53     Mar 10, 2008
  4. Question about this firm.

I'm seraching for a futures broker for the YM. I hear their software is free.

Do they have real-time data feeds w/ the ability to use Bollinger bands / stoch's ?

Or is it basic charting w/ few indicators ?

#54     Mar 10, 2008
  5. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

ryank,

it's been pretty stable this afternoon - a bit of a wobble on my quote window a few minutes ago but overall pretty stable

wiseman02,
    their offering is very compelling (when it works) - yes, they offer free charting with the indicators you mention and many more

I'm sure they will sort the tech issues out but it's taking more time than it should

no harm in having a look at their demo account.....

#55     Mar 10, 2008
  6. Software is free to active customers.

Data is real-time and free as well. You'll have access to more data than you know what to do with and more exchanges/markets may be coming.

Charting has your 'basic' bb's and stoch'as well. Not sure what you mean by is it 'basic charting with few indicators' when you are asking if it has BB's and stochs. Sounds like you are asking if the charting is basic with few indicators...

The charting has more indicators and features than most will ever use. Very diverse and with new upgrade, you can create your own as well.

The software has massively improved over the time I have been with them. Just leaps and bounds improvements each upgrade.

#56     Mar 10, 2008
  7. timedraft

timedraft

I wonder if any of AMP Global customers (OEC software and data feed) have experienced the same issues as some direct OEC customers have had over the last two trading sessions?

#57     Mar 10, 2008
  8. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

i, too, have been experiencing backfill, connection and freezing issues ever since the 3.1.2.8 update a few days ago.

#58     Mar 11, 2008
  9. ryank

ryank

So far so good, we will see if it can keep it together now going forward.

#59     Mar 11, 2008
  10. I'm was watching the Amp demo yesterday while my funds get wired. I saw one outage sometime in the morning, but it was only for a few seconds. Not sure if the live platform was any different. The demo uses the same data and I think the demo is using the same features.

#60     Mar 11, 2008