Openecry commissions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fluttrader, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ryank

ryank

Still having freezing problems today. A serious lag in the data and placement of orders as well. I called them and was told there are exchange issues, not OEC issues. I have another broker and haven't seen any data problems there. Anybody else having data problems today so I can verify if OEC is telling me the truth?

#41     Mar 10, 2008
  2. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

lots of connectivity problems on prices, dom, quotes freezing...

as i write the platform just went into disconnect / reconnect mode.....

no warning nothing......

*issed off to say the least

JR

#42     Mar 10, 2008
  3. ryank

ryank

I've had a lot of disconnect problems this morning too. I told them I will not place any more trades until they have this fixed. They are to check things out and call me back. In the mean time I'm surfing the net looking for a new broker.

The thing that pisses me off if they said they are having exchange problems but they didn't post it in their chat. He said they will post in chat once they get the exchange feed fixed. He said they aren't sure what is going on. Well isn't that great, I am risking my money while they don't tell anyone there is a problem (a huge one at that) that they are trying to fix.

#43     Mar 10, 2008
  4. opm8

opm8

They're full of shit if they're telling you it's an exchange issue. My other broker feed is flawless today.

opm8

#44     Mar 10, 2008
  5. I can't logon their server now

#45     Mar 10, 2008
  6. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

No, i can't log onto their live server either

plus there support team (normally very good) seem to have gone MIA....

i've stopped trading for the day....

*ucking fiasco

#46     Mar 10, 2008
  7. darren

darren

server back up lets see how long it lasts!!

#47     Mar 10, 2008
  8. I have been with OEC for 9 months now and my frustration level has reached a new high. I have lost connection at least 5 times this morning and I heard same thing initially that they thought it was an exchange issue. It is not. My eSignal hums along just fine. Things have been solid now for about 10 min. which is about the longest I have had no issues this morning. There is no doubt they will start losing business (or have already) until they figure out what they are doing, get all their customers to have rock solid stable connections with no lags in data, and build redundancy into their systems so when they do have problems, customers don't see it! Doh!!!!!!!

#48     Mar 10, 2008
  9. do you guys notice they have a limit on how many times you can download chart?

#49     Mar 10, 2008
  10. Talked to Rob @ OEC and said we should see an improvement immediately.

Firewall software issue.

#50     Mar 10, 2008