Openecry commissions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fluttrader, Mar 3, 2008.

1. I am glad you posted this, as I was entertaining giving them a try, now I will just stay with TransAct. You might want to consider TA, I have never had such problems with them in the 16 months I have been with them. They answer the phone in less than 3 rings too. They don't offer charting though, so you would most likely want Sierra Chart.

#21     Mar 6, 2008
  2. Here is what OEC explained to me about the data freezes:

#22     Mar 6, 2008

3. Thanks for the feedback on this. Good to hear they are taking action to resolve this on Friday.

#23     Mar 6, 2008
  4. Thanks for posting browns. The thing I don't understand is why wait til Friday night? You have customers suffering for several days, you think you have the problems diagnosed and you wait. That makes me think they don't have the necessary redundancy in place to do a hot swap otherwise they would. I am no tech expert, but I didn't spend 5 years in telecom sales and this smells of lack of redundancy to me. They appear concerned about taking down the network during trading hours.

On another note, since I have seen at TL you are using price and volume too, have you noticed if OEC tick volume and total volume for the day appear correct to another feed, if you don't mind me asking? I have been happy with TA in the last 5 months since they improved their feed and they are again in the next few weeks.

#24     Mar 6, 2008
  5. I also have DTN dan and it looks good when comparing.

#25     Mar 6, 2008
  6. I'm probably gonna open an oec acct b/c I think they have a great dom that seems to update as quickly as the zenfire setup.

Negative experiences re rj obrien/oec anyone care to share?

Their standard rates for an acct <$100k are nothing special ($4.7 for the ES). It appears they go down to $3.4ish if your acct is >$100k.

#26     Mar 7, 2008
  7. My suggestion maximus is to get a personalized quote for commissions. The site lists the 'general, retail' rates, but depending on the type of volume you plan to trade, that can be highly negotiated.

#27     Mar 7, 2008
  8. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Please do not joke...

#28     Mar 7, 2008
  9. Do you have a link to those rates on their site ? (I haven't found it back)

#29     Mar 7, 2008
  10. Did you run OEC side-by-side with Zenfire ?

#30     Mar 7, 2008