Openecry commissions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fluttrader, Mar 3, 2008.

1. 10 - I actually did notice something about a month or so ago, but as of late, we are good.

Changes made by OEC:
    1) Altered their firewall settings
    2) New software upgrade

These two changes have me back at normal speed.

#11     Mar 5, 2008
  2. ryank

ryank

I've noticed a lot of stalling lately with OEC. I just upgraded to a new, faster computer and see the same thing. Not sure what is going on, sounds like it might be me.

#12     Mar 5, 2008
  3. ryan - make sure to email OEC and let them know!!!

Rob and staff are very helpful.

#13     Mar 5, 2008
  4. ryank

ryank

I tried to chat with someone but no response yet. I just sent an email, we will see what they say.

The dom keeps stalling when I put in orders. I just closed the software and restarted it. I put some orders in away from the market just to see if it froze but it didn't. I'm done trading for the day, we will see what happens tomorrow when I enter some real orders.

#14     Mar 5, 2008
  5. ryank

ryank

I received an email from OEC about the stalling DOM issue:

A few clients reported the similar DOM Freezing issue. This issue is caused by a random signal drop from a third party company between us. The 3rd party internet company has been notified and it is currently on top of their priority list. I apologize for any inconvenience and we are anticipating this issue to be resolved shortly.

#15     Mar 5, 2008
  6. Thanks for the update Ryan.

Anytime I've had questions or concerns about OEC, I hear back. It may not be fixed right away, but they work hard at making their software the best it can be. The most recent update was really, really nice.

#16     Mar 5, 2008
  7. ryank

ryank

I'm glad to find out it isn't my system or internet system. My old laptop died last week and it had somewhat of a stalling problem (I think I noticed it after the software upgrade). I got a new one up and running this week and found the same thing so that got me thinking it may be something else. Hopefully it gets fixed very quickly, it can be a bit hair raising watching a frozen DOM when you have a position on.

#17     Mar 5, 2008
  8. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Hey Guys,

I tried Open eCry ....for a short time.....not impressed.

I say the following
    ........ ( knowing that I may not know all the facts )...but this is my best understanding.

I changed over to "Infinity" .....in Chicago.
    Closer connection with TransAct.......(which clears Open eCry).
    I'm very happy with them.
    It's the same platform......the old yes trader DOM.
    It's the same clearing firm.
    It's just a better connection.
    Infinity is TransActs best customer.
    You can go directly with TransAct.....but there's a minimum.
    Not so with Infinity.

You'll still have to get a quote on rates.
    ..( I also hate that...why don't they just put a number out there based on Vol...and stick with it).

I have no connection with them other than being their satisfied customer.

PM me if you want to know a good broker there....... I'll give you mine......and he'll love that !

Regards,
    Ray

#18     Mar 5, 2008
  9. I have been experiencing some major issues with the OEC data lately.

I have been in positions and then suddenly the DOM and all charts completely freeze for up to 5 minutes at a time.

Seems like every time I place a trade now this happens.

I have spent the last two days on the phone with the techs and support while in a trade with the DOM and data freeze ups.

They had to give me quotes today while I was in a frozen data trade so I could manage my position.

This has been a month now and went from a few times to everyday this past week.

This is not acceptable and they need to do something immediately.

I understand that problems may arise from time to time, and that I can accept, but everyday now I will not.

They said they are aware of the issue and it does not affect everyone .
    They are trying to fix it , but at the same time trading becomes a large risk like this.
    Having no control after a trade is placed is not where I am going to do business if this is not corrected soon.

I will say that I am willing to give them a chance on this because up until now they have been very good, but needs to be taken care of soon.

#19     Mar 5, 2008
  10. ssss

ssss

PM me if you want to know a good broker there....... I'll give you mine......and he'll love that !

Regards,
    Ray

##############
    Ampfuture offer 3(from author point of view ) good platforms

OEC - dubbed Globalamp
    AT -Turbo AT
    CTS T4 Dormann -dubbed direct

In this moment test OEC/globalAMP .

Advantage 500$ margin intraday (not offered from OEC)
    and 2000$ account minimum ,30 day real quote demo test
    against 15 days by OEC

Author have point of view ,that better to have 3 brokers with 3 clearing house wit heach account 2000$ ,as to have one
    with account 6000$

#20     Mar 6, 2008