openEcry being acquired by OptionExpress

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chiefraven, Jun 27, 2008.

1. #11     Jun 29, 2008
  2. Obviously. That was the point of my post.

That was in response to "No question as to who will be calling the shots."

#12     Jun 29, 2008
  3. For the most part, the feed and platform have been fine. There was a bumpy patch after an upgrade that had something to do w/ firewall issues. Once that was sorted out, it was back to normal which is reliable IMO.

I really like the platform considering it's free to customers, incl free data. That's hard to beat. I had come from a platform that was charging $500/mo and that was just for the order entry side. More fees for data and charting on top of that.

Once I moved, I could maintain the same P&L, yet my monthly expenses were down quite a bit by just using their platform vs. my previous one.

#13     Jun 29, 2008
  4. Excellent feedback....thanks a lot.

I agree that a free platform and feed is very good for reducing the monthly "nut" if it is reliable....glad to hear that OEC is working well. I see they have some marketdelta.com plug-ins available now too.....hmmm, interesting.

#14     Jun 29, 2008
  5. You goofball. An Ice Road Truckers rig is equipped with tires rated for driving on ice.
    If the road is melted, it doesn't matter what kind of tires are on the rig.

Pretty funny to watch the wheels of ET turn. :)

commented Mr. Tomsic. “This business combination provides a tremendous opportunity for us to accelerate Open E Cry’s growth by leveraging optionsXpress’ robust infrastructure.”

No question as to who will be calling the shots.

#15     Jun 29, 2008
  6. I see why you chose your name...

#16     Jun 29, 2008
  7. ssss

ssss

Depend of what conditions of margin , commission and clearing

would to be offered ...

From author point of view -OXPS is reputable public noted pure agent of principal in relation to stock and options (cleared by Legent/GS)

Author tested all 3 pure agents -AMTD,OXPS,SWIM

With SWIM have had conflict ...

OEC platform is good ,oiffered for test from www.ampfutures.com
    and OEC

Your respectfully

#17     Jun 29, 2008
  8. Mr. ssss,

In your opinion, is OEC platform/charting efficient software that uses low resources compared to others like XTrader7, Ninjatrader 6.5, Transact AT?

Does the OEC platform (DOM)/charting use low PC resources in your opinion versus others.....mainly for use on a good laptop with Intel dual core and XP Pro?

Thanks for any input you may have. :)

#18     Jun 29, 2008
  9. ssss

ssss

Yes, you can download all mentioned demo version's and compare ...
    They all are .net based ,but OEC have lowest volume to downloading and from experience of the author
    is not worster from point of stability as CTS t4,AT

Ninja and Xtrader need a most resources and
    not wihtout charge ...

About charting capabilty can not say ,this question depend
    from personal doctrin of the operator

#19     Jun 30, 2008