OpenBookTrader's Open Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by magicwords, Dec 1, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

#41     Jan 19, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

#42     Jan 19, 2012
  3. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

So how is that working out for you? Like I said,...I have been in your shoes. YOU MUST TRADE WITH A STOP IN PLACE ON EVERY TRADE THE MOMENT IT IS PLACED.

[​IMG]

• swks.png
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
    #43     Jan 20, 2012
  4. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Looks like you got hammered on SINA as well. You more than DOUBLED your losses on this trade today.

"Your best loss is your FIRST loss"...

You have a POTENTIAL with your system. The way I see it all you need is a little tweaking and you could be profitable. This method you are trading will eventually blow up.

If you would like some advice I would be happy to help. If you want to tell me to fuck off,...thats fine too. Realize the only reason I am pointing this out to you is because I think all of us at some point in our trading careers were where you are now.

[​IMG]

• sina.png
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
    #44     Jan 20, 2012
  5. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Also notice that your system of no stop in place is forcing you to ride your losers and cut your winners short.

#45     Jan 20, 2012
  6. [​IMG]

#46     Jan 21, 2012
  7. Hi there.

Yes, the SWKS trade hurts. SINA did pretty badly too.

But my testing shows better performance without the use of stops on this particular system and relying on diversification instead (going long and short across different stocks).

Thanks.

#47     Jan 21, 2012
  8. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

OK... Your testing is flawed!

Good luck reinventing the wheel. I will ignore your thread now.

#48     Jan 21, 2012
  9. N54 you are wrecking a good thread, let the guy do his work, it's his system, if you have a sucessfull method/system create your own thread and prove your point.

#49     Jan 21, 2012
  10. [​IMG]

#50     Jan 24, 2012