Open to Ridicule.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by yuri_g, Mar 11, 2008.

1. yuri_g

yuri_g

I am someone who trade options.......and makes a little money, always reads ET and I do not daytrade but have always been fascinated with the idea of day trading. Now I know I am opening myself up to loathing and ridicule but does anyone have a opinion on using the paid subscription services of such sites as DayTrade or possibly FirstHourTrading.

I do not have the wherewithall to trade for myself nor would I be able to find a mentor and I am not sure that there are enough books available to bring me up to speed.

Any printable thoughts?

2. If you go into something half-heartedly, something that which is so hard, tough, emotionally draining and takes long hours and practice to master .. you'll never make it.

Take it for what its worth, I don't think you are ready quite yet.

3. look into LEAPS options but understand how theta will work against your position. Lots of free stuff out there on options especially on this board. Good trading. :)

4. yuri_g

yuri_g

Thanks for your responses, however I was thinking more in terms of a canned subscriber service where one would pay $300 or more a month subscription and in return receive daily buy and sell guidance/alerts for day trading.

5. Stick with swing trading options.
    Then move to index futures.

Don't daytrade. Much less in this choppy market.

6. yuri_g

yuri_g

crgarcia, thanks for response. With my strategy in options I always have around $20k cash in my account for buying opportunities and I have never used margin but seems I have 3:1. I had thought that I could use the cash on a more daily basis and still have it available when needed for options.
    I usually put 3-4% in each DITM long term call and 2% in near term puts so I do not want to increase contract size.