Open sourcing my options trading software

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Sep 20, 2019.

1. I thought of trying to sell it but it doesn't make money yet, it's only an essential tool / step into making money. Think having an operating system before you have Facebook or Assassin's Creed (strategies with options).

I also noticed that while less than 1% of not the people who work in finance (which also includes peasants such as programmers ;) ) but of the QUANTS have an idea of how options work, yet I consistently fail to find opportunities. Which strongly suggests that the 0.01% that remain and are probably working for more enlightened teams than those who hire in Eastern Europe and India.

By open sourcing I lose everything that's proprietary info, yet it doesn't matter because I can't compete by myself against the giants anyways. And I only want to give up enough of it to be able to personally build the next proprietary level (strategy / app) upon the reliable/open foundation (operating system).

2. 1) On a radius of 1500Km around me there's ABSOLUTELY noone who at least's got the slightest idea what I'm talking about. It's all peasants who can't even wipe their ass right let alone make a breakthrough with derivatives (like options).
    2) In general, my contacts with the supposedly knowledgeable world outside my "tiny" 1500Km radius were only slightly better than the average peasant at #1. Includes quants, traders, project managers and CEOs. All recruiting from Eastern Europe and India, truth be told.
    3) Yet all the ideas I ever had were OBVIOUSLY taken by the market.

So who's that "market"?

3. destriero

destriero

You know less about vol-trading than my 15yo, so yeah, make it open source and link us here so we can have a laugh.

IAS_LLC likes this.
  4. d08

d08

Why have the grandiose claims without much to show for it? Best to take action, not talk about taking action.

arbs-r-us, monet and SteveH like this.
  5. mukoh

mukoh

Gets more fun every time I read the new posts from the OP.

d08 likes this.
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

You're the smartest man within a 1500km mile radius? Impressive! As for the peasants who cant make a breakthrough with derivatives.... let me just reference your original post:

Does that make you one of the lowly peasants?

BlueWaterSailor, DaveV and d08 like this.
  7. Metacognition: Looking at the results of my latest test, either there's a bug in my software or there's something very "wrong" in the market, i.e. it doesn't function at all according to "specs".

8. traider

traider

If you are really so talented you will be able to figure a way to get hired and move to the States...

arbs-r-us likes this.
  9. destriero

destriero

Oooh, his latest tests show that either his app is broken or... the mkt! DefCon5. Buy your puts on Monday!