Open Source Trading App

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by akif, Dec 22, 2006.

1. akif

akif

I would like to know if there is any open source trading app that would allow me to import pricing data from any exchange (assuming I have access to the gateway info for the exchange) and send out orders to the exchange?
    Has anyone ever used/implemented such a solution on their own? The catch of course is that one must have direct access to the exchange, eg, exchange membership or direct access through a broker. My question is assuming one has direct access.

Im not talking about APIs issued by brokerage firms, since they tend to work for that particularly brokerage only, and the markets that they cover, not for other markets (Correct me if im wrong).

Thanks

2. Tintin92

Tintin92

3. H2O

H2O

I agree about the fact that most API's only work for certain brokerages, although there are some points to mention here:

• *There are more and more brokers who use FIX, a standard way of communication so your application would be interchangeable between brokers
      *Some ISV's like Eccoware (Which I use) and TT offer their own API, and are used by most pro firms, so if you use these you will be ok as well
      *You also have the last option, which is to write to the exchange API as you suggested. This can be quite expensive ( maintenance etc....) so unless you know this is the only solution you have, I would avoid... (That saying, at my firm we do use our own exchange COM-objects)