Open source Strategy development

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by free4trade, Mar 15, 2011.

1. cokezero

cokezero

Hi TradeLink,

I downloaded tradelink today build 2894 and I got an error from the installer that says cannot write to lighspeedserver.dll.

I downloaded and older bulid 2857 and got the same error.

Then I downloaded a still older build 2821 and the lightspeedserver.dll error is gone but now the installer asks me to locate a directory in the middle of installation. It didn't says what directory it needs me to locate. When I click ok it says cannot find directory for Arvil.

I got the same Arvil error for a still older build 2809.

Then finally I downloaded the oldest build I could find bulid 2376 the installation goes thru without error.

Then I fired up Kadina and a window titled "checking whether update is available" popped up and hung there. Kadina hung up too at the same time.

So after exhausting all the .exe builds I could find I still couldn't get TradeLink up and testing. I searched the newsgroup and was surprised to see no mention of installation problem.

What did I do wrong as it seems no body is having this kind of trouble using tradelink. Does everyone just check out the source code and compile instead of using the installer?

Thanks!

#11     Mar 29, 2011
  2. Does this work with Lightspeed?

or no access to their api?

#12     Mar 29, 2011

3. Tradelink,

If you wanted to collect tick data using the automatic record in ASP, will Tradelink automatically look for holes in the data. For example, if I have tradelink set up to download yesterdays tick data each day and on one day my internet connection goes down, will tradelink look for the last two days data the following day?

Runningbear

#13     Mar 29, 2011
  4. the lightspeed connector in tradelink is beta, but it does work.

if you have problems join the users list.

somebody will help you.

you can find it on the project website, google tradelink.

look for tradelink project. users list is on the side.

regarding loading historical bar or tick data at startup.

yes this is possible to do both, assuming you have access to data through the feed you are using.

if you have questions about this, join the users list.

#14     Mar 29, 2011