Open Source Strategy Development Software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by maxdama, Jul 18, 2008.

1. maxdama

maxdama

Dear All,

I have been using OpenQuant for about a month but it doesn't support high and low-level strategy self-optimization so I am looking for a new development platform.

So I am interested in switching to an open-source platform for unlimited flexibility. Here are the ones I have found so far:
    EclipseTrader looks good and I am very experienced with Java, specifically on Eclipse, BUT it hasn't seemed active since sometime in '07.
    ActiveQuant looks like my best option- mature and active
    Marketcetera is really confusing and still in early stages of development.

I would like your feedback on the best platform I have listed or other alternative open source projects which I don't know about. Here are more of my thoughts on each platform and OpenQuant which I didn't feel like copying over (don't worry, no ads or junk, just my journal). Anyway I'm tired of leaping into new software only to find out it cannot do what I need.

Your advice is appreciated.

Regards,
    Max

2. chvid

chvid

3. maxdama

maxdama

chvid,

Thanks for those two links, I hadn't realized JSystemTrader was still in active development.

The other one, truetrade, looks stillborn, here's a quote from the developer, "Wish I could [continue], but I've left it alone for a while and don't have any plans of returning to finish it"

Do you know of a good guide for JSystemTrader? After a brief search, I have only come across this so far. And it's from the end of '06. Javadoc is ok but I'd prefer more of a tutorial. Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,
    Max Dama

4. chvid

chvid

5. Wow this is great. Active Quant is really cool.

I prefer c# over java, so I use this platform which is also open-source: http://tradelink.googlecode.com. It's broker neutral and supports automated trading systems and standard quoting + charting applications.

6. The link is no good. Would you mind posting it again?

7. max why don't you code it yourself ?

8. maxdama

maxdama

Batman28,

I just want to make the strategies.

I'm glad some good, hard to find projects are being posted.

Regards,
    Max

9. any open source platforms out there which are far enough along that could be used by a code illiterate user?

#10     Jul 18, 2008