Open source Java Charting??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bladen, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Pure Java basically means that it's all written in Java - does not call external libraries other than via standard Java. For example if one was to call a charting library written in C++ that was specific to Windows in order to draw charts, then the application would not be pure Java. Pure Java applications should in theory (and usually in practice) run on any operating System with Java support eg Windows, Linux, OSX, Solaris etc.

#11     Sep 1, 2006
  2. Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. If what you want is a code sample, then you would be better off buying the JFreeChart doc for a small fee. My code is now quite extensive, and there is really no individual fragment that would be a good illustration. I'd be happy to provide/receive assistance, but it's probably better to PM me than bore everybody else stupid with the grizzly details of Java programming.

#12     Sep 1, 2006
  3. Ok-i thought blogtrader was, just trying to help-i figure someone asking for such a program would be a programmer, which im not.
    Carry on.
    :cool:

#13     Sep 1, 2006
  4. I think blogtrader is pure Java. It's a complete application - JFreeChart is just a library that you can use to develop a charting app or add charts to a trading app.

#14     Sep 1, 2006

5. So you think it's worth to buy the documentation?

#15     Sep 1, 2006
  6. Trustme

Trustme

Yes - the document is 566 pages long with good information and you support the project with the money (39 $ as far as I remember). It's worth it.

TM

#16     Sep 1, 2006
  7. Oh yeah I found it on the site . . I thought it was more.

I'm trying to make something that can make custom charts.

#17     Sep 1, 2006