Open source Auto Trading for IB TWS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by james2hunt, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Nice work James. I am impressed.

#21     Oct 27, 2013
  2. I've actually messed around with trade manager myself and liked it. What I like most is it's Java so cross-platform on Windoze, Linux and (I assume) MacOS.

One drawback is you have to be somewhat tech savvy to install it since it involves installing MySQL. I'm a software professional but never did anything with database stuff and even I found installing MySQL to be a total pain. Eventually I got it sorted but it was tricky.

#22     Oct 27, 2013
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly

I am currently testing this solution,

full of bugs and inconsistencies, documentation is decent though. Not impressed with the UI though. Could be improved by not trying to be everything to everybody.

#23     Oct 28, 2013
  4. I've heard the same thing, but a couple of the "full-package" installers such as WAMP (Windows) and LAMP (Linux) can make the process pretty painless and that's what I used to install it.
    There's a lot of other stuff in there such as Apache and MyP2P, but nothing says you have to use it.

http://bitnami.com/stack/wamp

#24     Oct 28, 2013
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly

there is nothing difficult about installing mySQL, it's really easy

if you find it difficult, then all that other stuff to setup will be beyond your reach

#25     Oct 29, 2013
  6. marwanco

marwanco

Can anybody explain in plain english how to install MySQl for windows,
    Starting from downloading,so many versions to choose from, its confusing.

I have good knowledge in PC's and software but I couldn't find Setup command from the installed zip file.

Thanks.

#26     Nov 7, 2013
  7. Butterfly

Butterfly

mySQL 4.0 is recommended, mySQL 4.1 had a number of problems, mySQL 5.0 is the new commercial version

mySQL 4.0 should be easy to install and maintain,

the issue is not so much the installation process, but knowledge about client/server architecture for a database system

if you are not familiar with such concept, then it's going to be a hard road ahead

#27     Nov 8, 2013
  8. marwanco

marwanco

Thank you Butterfly,

Will try MySQLv.4

I have Mirosoft SQL Express installed aulready , will it do the job?

Regrds,

#28     Nov 8, 2013
  9. Instead of installing MySQL directly, I installed WAMP which is an easy to install bundle of Apache, MySQL and PHP.

I had less problems getting MySQL on my PC this way.

#29     Nov 8, 2013
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly

#30     Nov 9, 2013