Open Quant Trading System

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Sky123987, Oct 25, 2007.

1. I was hoping that open quant could answer this?

1) OPG orders?

2) this one brokerage that I have given data on trade imbalances. Would I be able to incorporate this into my decision making?

3) Pairs Trading?

4) I know that you support TT FIX, but do you support standard FIX?

5) ability to download tick data and perform a backtest on tick data?

6) what exactly is Quck Fix, another form of fix?... like there is TT FIX and standard FIX is Quick FIX a type of FIX?

7) In your manual there is OnBarOpen event hangler and I understand that this is for placing orders before the open. When exactly this is placed? 1 sec before the open? Would I be able to place orders 10 min before the open

8) I'm pretty sure I could do this, but would I be able to with your program read a text file and use info in that text file to make decisions?

9) You wrote previously that you'd be able to change the routing to ARCA or NYSE or whatever exchange you'd like. I'm looking in the OpenQuant.API in the Order Class and can't find where that is. Would you know where I find this

Thanks you for your help in advance

2. Also,

Is it true that you can only run (1) strategy?

3. Also,

In the event of connection or data feed issues during live trading, what are the steps that the user must take to put everything back on track?

4. Also, if a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody there to hear it, does it still make a noise?

What if it falls on my PC when it's running openquant ... will openquant catch the tree? :confused: :confused:

5. it says on the web site that multiple strategies coming soon... however in one of the posts Dr. A says that Multiple Strategies will be available in the summer?

6. Hello,

I will try to answer your questions during the weekend but some (if not all) of them were answered on SmartQuant Discussion Forums

http://www.smartquant.com/forums/index.php

Please have a look.

Cheers,
    Anton