OPEN Opentable IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, May 20, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Anyone jumping on this, how long can this type of model last, I believe with technology getting easier and easier to develop, anyone can jump into this area.

Starting to remind me of the dot.com days again.....

Has anyone ever used this service???

I have not, I just call up where ever Im going and make a quick reservation.

2. MGJ

MGJ

Quite a few of the higher end restaurants around here have changed their websites and telephone systems, encouraging you to make a reservation through opentable dot com, and discouraging you from trying to do so by phone. Some of them even say "press 1 for reservations" which gets you to a recording that tells you to make your reservation on opentable's website.

But in an economic downturn, I wonder who gives money to opentable, and why?

Restaurants? They're not exactly swimming in excess profits. Restaurant customers (diners)? Doubtful. Who does that leave?

3. Dustin

Dustin

I think they get a fee per reservation made on the site. My wife and I have used it for years, it's great. You get dining points that add up pretty fast that you can use to pay at any restaurant on the site.

4. Yeah, it's a great service for the consumer, but the biz-model is a joke.

5. S2007S

S2007S

OPEN TABLE, HAHAH intraday highs at $34+

What a damn joke this is. This stock is worth no more than maybe 10 bucks.

I hope it runs to $100+ so I can short it to the single digits where it belongs.

6. if it went 100 you wouldnt have the balls.

;-)

7. regardless, it's the first successful IPO I've seen since Visa. What's their business anyway?

8. Mnphats

Mnphats

I have used it many times as well great product.