Open my eyes... (S. FL)

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by danmb280, Sep 1, 2009.

1. danmb280

danmb280

That is exactly what i'm trying to say. Without belief, the best system is useless.

#11     Sep 1, 2009
  2. sosueme

sosueme

read Fearless9

#12     Sep 1, 2009
  3. Qwerty

Qwerty

Quote from danmb280,

when I wrote about "teach me", I was actually thinking that nobody would reply to it as opposed to a bunch of people with little to offer. Successful people have little time and my approach was to be as little of a commitment as possible. I'm not pessimistic at all, otherwise I wouldn't try to reach out to people. I actually believe that people don't mind paying forward as long as it doesn't interfere with their daily lives.

I was under the impression that perhaps there was some form of pessimism, but i did not imply that you were, nor was it set in stone, either, only you can possibly know the answer to that.

On the one hand, you state that you're merely looking for somebody to point you in the right direction, that you're having serious doubts about trading and you're also trying to reach out to somebody, but on the other hand you claim that you're not trying to find somebody to teach you, strange indeed.

But your arguments, they're so.... well, very different, certainly not the norm, very particular, ah, it must be the product of excellent schooling, that must be the answer. Let me guess you were also the captain of the debate team, right?

#13     Sep 1, 2009
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Obviously, you're not from South Florida.....;>)

#14     Sep 1, 2009
  5. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

+1

I wish I could answer your question directly but I am more of an investor than a day-to-day trader. I hear what you are asking loud and clear but as you already pointed out, you will get all kinds of answers that either have their own agenda or well off the mark.

What I can say is this: Once I found strategies that I could apply profitably (+EV) under fire using actual cash, the belief came. Good luck.

Joe.

#15     Sep 1, 2009
  6. teck

teck

Hey danmb
    Tall order- most of us are in the same boat i started back in 98 myself and lookin for some certainty too . Ive been in pretty much every chat room read every good book only to find even these people cant trade and make money consistantly either or even stay above water and practicallly no one even trys to put out a performance record now
    .Thats why i dont commit money and only paper trade for practise now . As for belief before an actually tested edge, good luck with that.I dont have money i can afford to loose .My money is hard earned- came from my life energy and time . Still im attracted to Day trading and continue to search aswell.

#16     Sep 1, 2009
  7. jjs235

jjs235

There are people who would open your eyes. I may be one of them if I decide to move to Florida (possibly the Miami area) at the end of this month.

Food for thought...there are successful traders out there (although ET makes the title "trader" seem derogatory). Some of them are thinking about moving to South Florida to live it up (like myself). What can you offer those people in return for their guidance?

#17     Sep 20, 2009
  8. danmb280

danmb280

I think you may have misunderstood this thread completely. If you're asking "what's in it for me?", then this thread is clearly not directed to you.

(btw, i can only recommend Miami if you want to "live it up")

#18     Sep 20, 2009
  9. jjs235

jjs235

:D

Okay I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was advice on moving to Florida e.g. the best places to live, eat, meet quality girls, and have fun (even more specifically things you won't find by simply google searching). As soon as I move I'll join the local sports social league/s, but I'm not sure on what else yet. I love kickball where I live right now and will probably join WAKA.

As far as opening your eyes:

1. If you don't know how to code in at least one financial language e.g. VBA, Java, C++ than learn how. VBA is quite easy and can be implemented within excel. Of course this is something you may want to do side by side with coming up with a strategy. Remember if you find a strategy others are probably doing it as well (this is key!!!). You need to be faster to the punch. I'm often the first one there and it gives me a .5%-1% advantage depending on how you calculate it.

#19     Sep 20, 2009
  10. danmb280

danmb280

I'll be more than glad to help you out getting acquainted in South FL. I know the hot spots pretty well. Message me if you'd like any advice.

In regards to your coding comment, I used to code in Tradestation's Easy Language (which was relatively easy to learn for someone without a coding background) but the platform was so unreliable at the time that I gave up on Tradestation. I have looked into C# for ninja trader but I had a hard time with it.

#20     Sep 20, 2009