Open Letter to Worden Brothers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by crazyAtrader, Sep 25, 2011.

1. If those bone heads had the magic the profess, they would not be in the business of selling the "magic". Think about it.

#21     Sep 26, 2011
  2. Mysteron

Mysteron

Absolutely right.

What are the charts displaying anyway? Its the mid price for FreeStockCharts and TC2000, but why not display the offer or the bid, it would make a difference in the way that 'precise' lines would be drawn.

If the underlying prices of a 5 min chart were resampled and displayed as 5 min bars but with the sampling (not the price data) shifted say a couple of minutes then the chart would look slightely different - but the underlying information would be the same. Its what is seen in the brain that matters, not whether lines are drawn precisely or not.

#22     Sep 26, 2011
  3. jprad

jprad

I agree that the lack of a snap to price is inefficient but, I disagree with you asserting that it's also inaccurate.

What appears to be a valid trend line on an arithmetic daily chart is often the exact opposite when you change to a logarithmic weekly chart.

Warts aside, I've yet to find a charting program that lets you cycle through charts as quickly as TC2K does.

#23     Sep 26, 2011
  4. jmonday

jmonday

this is one of the worst comments i've read in awhile.

its hardly microscopic when you are talking about angles and degrees. a few degrees difference in a bar can be magnified largely on a chart in some future time.

#24     Sep 26, 2011
  5. jmonday

jmonday

if you are trading price and price alone and use these tools for precision, it does not matter if one type of time frame or chart setting is similar to another or duplicates the same lines. it matters if the specific chart setting you are on allows accuracy and precision for the tools you use to quantify and read price.

#25     Sep 26, 2011
  6. All vendors are always behind the times.

I certainly would not use any of the vendors recommended so far.

#26     Sep 26, 2011
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

jack hershey

09-26-11 07:33 PM

All vendors are always behind the times.

I certainly would not use any of the vendors recommended so far.

Who do you use?

#27     Sep 26, 2011
  8. I'm sorry.

When you are in trading for 53 years, you don't use vendors. You use only clean data.

The people mentioned do not offer clean data.

AFAIK the Worden business has changed generations in management and the kids are unfamiliar with the financial industry's needs.

#28     Sep 26, 2011
  9. jprad

jprad

"if you are trading price and price alone and use these tools"

Why the need for tool(s) if you're trading price alone?

"if the specific chart setting you are on allows accuracy and precision for the tools you use"

"Specific" is just another way of saying "curve fitting."

I'd continue, but you've made it pretty apparent that you don't appreciate the difference between lin-lin and semi-log graphs.

#29     Sep 26, 2011
  10. jmonday

jmonday

tools just mark highs and lows and certain levels of supply and demand. nothing that is a derivative of price.

specific, in this matter, is not another way of saying curve fitting.

g'day

#30     Sep 27, 2011