Open letter to TradeStation and my disenchantment

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GordonTheGekko, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Etrade lets babies trade. Get over it.

#11     Oct 23, 2011
  2. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Great point

#12     Oct 23, 2011
  3. Who cares that they went to harvard? Do they have any common sense??????

#13     Oct 23, 2011
  4. jprad

jprad

+1

Obama's more than proof that it's not a criteria for admission.

#14     Oct 23, 2011
  5. TS did the right thing actually.

#15     Oct 23, 2011
  6. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Everyone is assuming I mentioned Harvard to mean they had common sense or were smart, interesting.

I was making reference to a secure (personally) college student, thats all.

Obama went to HLS. Along with plenty of other nuts, every school has them.

#16     Oct 23, 2011
  7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I think someone who actually believes trading is so difficult that anyone under the age of 26 (because age is a great measure of competence) shouldn't day trade is clearly stating how big their losses are... do you honestly believe trading is difficult to do day in and day out? I have a question, how do you lose money? Especially when trading can still work while GUESSING? Like I said, the Dow went from a few points to over 1000 in the last century, and that was just for investors. We're day traders... if you can't make a buck....

#17     Oct 23, 2011
  8. jprad

jprad

Cut the crap. If you wanted to accentuate her personality you would have just said she's attending college.

As soon as you mentioned Harvard that became secondary because of that school's reputation and its exclusivity of admission.

#18     Oct 23, 2011
  9. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Yes although dropping tier one school names on Wall Street is no big deal at all, especially considering most everyone is an alumni of suchandsuch (Wharton, Westpoint, Harvard, etc.). Sorry for the confusion. Also incase you're probably wondering, frankly flagship state schools and BIG10 schools are equally good as the typical Wall St feeders.

TS is a great firm, and I know they're trying to make the right choices for them and their customers. Also when I said it will stop me from switching to TS, that probably won't be true, I'm simply a little disappointed to having a company reject for odd reasons when this is about consumer choice. I'm sharing why I think the under-21 rule doesn't help in curbing exploding investors, or raising the minimum finra investment to $30k. Doesn't make sense. That's the sort of thing you do with margin requirements, caps, ban on market orders, etc.

#19     Oct 23, 2011