Open letter to Baron

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schaefer

Schaefer

Mark, you'd be sorely missed, and a great loss for ET. Thank you very much for your free contributions in the past.

Luckily, I know where to find you on the other forum. I'll talk to you there, I guess.

Take care,
    Schaefer

#31     Feb 23, 2008
  2. There you go....Mark was a good contributor to ET....so was Acrary......So was Atticus.....and recently there have been many others, who used to contribute content, but simply got fed up with the adverse environment and the weirdos, and the complacent management of the site....

As an aside, I notice that Atticus thread asking others to join his boycott was "deleted"....So will this post be probably, but hey....everything gets gone sooner or later...........and I am just here on a slow weekend evening playing with the freaks in the political threads......I figure it aint gonna be long now until the sponsors get upset and vote with their feet.....

and the irony of it is....if "someone" were willing to put a few dollars into active supervision of the site, do a little common sense pruning of the weirdos and get the site back on track, and find a way to motivate some real traders to contribute, then I think the story would be much different.....ooh hey oh my god is that a pig flying....!!!

#32     Feb 24, 2008

3. Yes, i noticed riskarbs thread dissapeared too.
    That being said, i cannot imagine a site run and moderated by you steve, i mean, seriously-how would you do it better? Would anyone, ever, post there?
    By "someone" you mean, of course baron, emptying his pockets of the measly returns of a top hit site to employ actual staff, when it likely doesnt even pay his mortgage.

Balls in your court steve 46, can you do better?

#33     Feb 24, 2008
  4. Well first, lets be clear. I doubt that YOU are the person to decide whose "court" the ball is in....That would be Baron's prerogative....

and then to answer. Almost anyone with common sense could moderate a thread. I am not saying that everyone would be ecstatic about the decisions that might be made, but most of the crazy shit that goes on here could be eliminated quickly. For instance, one might start by saying that the site is for people interested in THE FINANCIAL MARKETS AND TRADING. In my opinion, threads about politics and religion and chit chat are bullshit accomodations made to keep people here when in fact they (the crazies, the weirdos, the borderline psychos) should not be permitted here. For instance, what the hell is a guy who thinks he is Jesus Christ doing here? hunh? Do we have to debate whether that asshole should be here taking our valuable time with his psycho babble? I think not.....

Do we want a bunch of posts about Nazism here? Do we want to discuss the middle east here? What the hell for? Do we want to have discussions about abortion, about incest, about mass murder, does any of this ring a bell? I don't think we need it here, but apparently there are a crowd of crazy assholes who have decided to make this their home....and that is what they want to talk about.......endlessly...I mean really lets get serious.....

Then there is the sport bashing....the fucking with people just because you can......do I need to spell it out? Shouldn't be permitted.....

Finally there are the vendors....now there is a tricky problem. because the guy (Baron) is entitled to make a profit...and he wants to sell advertising space. so.....what to do....I think it is a problem that needs some thought, but hey in the meanwhile....lets get the rest of those psychotic racist assholes off the site...

How difficult is this to understand?

#34     Feb 24, 2008
  5. and one final thing

Trader28 or whatever the hell he calls himself "proved" that a person with a little computer knowledge can pretty much bring this site to a stop if he wants to.....

I remember a while back a person whose handle as "chicken little" stopped the site cold, by automating an attack on the site.....apparently he didn't like something I said and in retaliation he found a way to automate posts. Every few seconds he would post some shit until the site got overloaded and went down...

So there are some physical difficulties that have to be dealt with in order to maintain control of a site like this, and it isn't easy....

#35     Feb 24, 2008
  6. I got an idea -- I can be a moderator. All my ideological enemies would be promised a swift and momentous blow.

#36     Feb 24, 2008
  7. #37     Feb 24, 2008
  8. Hey Rowshan, it is reassuring to know that assholes rarely change their ways.....once again, don't change a thing....the title fits you well...

#38     Feb 24, 2008
  9. you know I have been thinking about this and I believe you need a little more ass whipping than you got just a minute ago..

It seems to me that you are a whining little pussy, the kind of whining little pussy I used to see at football practice in high school. Because you are prone to hysterical whining and prancing like a schoolgirl, you haven't got the resources to think for yourself....That issue was one of character...The character of the person who started it was suspect. In fact, the guy (Rearden) was and is a drug addict and a draft dodger who fled his own country to avoid serving in the military. He wanted to generate some buzz so he decided to see if he could smear me by suggesting I lied..As it turns out I didn't...and that was proved a couple of different times by reporters.....Of course you are busy with your skirt up around your eyes, you prancing little interior decorating bitch, so you wouldnt take the time to really find out what happened...Now if you want me to focus on YOU a little bit asshole, keep it up....because I would LOVE to tear you a new one every time you show up..are we clear you fucking piece of shit?

Ironically THIS bullshit post by Rowshan is just what I was referring to a couple of posts earlier;

" Then there is the sport bashing....the fucking with people just because you can......do I need to spell it out? Shouldn't be permitted....."

Here we are talking calmly and peacefully about the forthcoming elections and then this hysterical bitch shows up and decides "hey I think I will see if I can fuck with this guy for no reason other than to see if I can inflict some pain"....see what I mean....?

When someone puts a stop to this kind of bullshit (and it is only one of the smaller problems Baron has here), people will come back and participate in the public forums....Otherwise like I said before, I am here for the entertainment, and if that entertainment is verbally kicking Rowshan's ass, so be it....

#39     Feb 24, 2008
  10. Steve, the only reason this is so painful to you, is because on some level you actually believe your own lies. Go ask your 'surviving' family members if you really had a sister and aunt named Laura & Michelle who perished on 9/11. They'll set you straight, and maybe then you'll quit mourning over fictitious characters.

At least change up your lie a bit: Tell us you really did have deceased family members by those names, but they actually died in a car crash a few weeks before 9/11. That would be semi-believable.

And for the record, I've always been more American than Israeli. I didn't even set foot in Israel until age 11. At 18 I was 100% healthy, a non-smoker who needed a psychiatrist about as much as I needed a gynecologist. Three years out in the shit took far more than I had to give. By the time I was honorably discharged from the IDF at age 21, I was a shattered shell of my former self, a chain-smoker with zero will to live another day. I'd still have done reserve duty, but the only thing I'd be fit to perform now would be a one day suicide mission... and the IDF doesn't have those. Maybe that can be considered 'draft dodging' in your twisted mind... but this wasn't written for you.

#40     Feb 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.