Open letter to Baron

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. First off, I'd like to apologize to Baron. I had no idea Niha would go postal on us when confronted about his own bias and agenda. I obviously hit a raw open nerve.

Secondly, I see no difference in the results or the intention from someone saying “PM me for more information,” and that of putting up a bill board with a link to another site in the middle of a thread. Except maybe, one of them pays for the privilege.

#21     Feb 22, 2008
  2. This Niha dude is just another snake oiler "in disguise" , it looks

#22     Feb 22, 2008
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to let you know that the recent posts from that pro-hitler guy have been removed and his aliases have been banned.

I try to be more liberal from a moderation standpoint in the P&R forum so people can feel free to express their opinions, but it's obvious this guy has an agenda that he just wants to keep shoving down our throats several times per day. And the fact that he continued to register more aliases and changed his IP address and email address on each one hit a raw nerve with me.

As we did with trader28, we should probably keep a running thread of any aliases that this guy tries to post under so we can knock them out as they pop up. Just think of it as playing virtual whack-a-mole. :D

#23     Feb 22, 2008
  4. You're one funny motherfucker, Rearden. :p :p

#24     Feb 22, 2008
  5. I don't advocate hateful and obscenely racist behavior.

BUT

Why is this becoming such a huge issue?

It's not as if the thread ends up on the front page, IF the OP is starting the thread in the P&R/Chit Chat thread.

Wouldn't it be just as simple to overlook it?

Again, I can't stand people who run around trying to say their race is superior or any of that garbage, as every race has their winners and losers.

But really, who cares?

Reminds me of how WalMart made this big deal of their people having to say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas, because they didn't want to offend anyone.

WTF!!?? Why would it be offensive to you if someone said Merry Christmas to you just because you're not Christian? I could give a fuck less if someone says to me, Happy Hannukah, or Happy Kwanzaa or whatever it may be at the time.

That is just them being nice, it is not even remotely offensive. In fact, to be offended of someone else's views is racist/prejudiced in and of itself.

Who gives a shit? if someone walks up to you and calls you a racist slur. handle your shit, beat their ass, whatever you gotta do. But damn, this is a message board.

I think it has gone a little too far, and I think it is fucking retarded that this anti-semitic asshole is running around posting this hateful shit- But it's not like I can't just skip over it.

Maybe it's because I am not Jewish or black or whatever the race in question is at any given time, but if someone starts talking about whites or Southerners or whatever, I may join in and fight back, or I may ignore it and carry on smartly....but either way, who cares. it's not even real, just some jackass posting hate on a virtual message board.

#25     Feb 22, 2008
  6. Anyone who only posts in the SChit Chat and P&R forum should be banned. Those forums should be used for OT discussion on people who actually trade.

#26     Feb 23, 2008
  7. TraderZone

TraderZone Guest

Miruna.

mebbe you can put in functionality that autodeletes threads that exceed a certain view rate per minute?

#27     Feb 23, 2008
  8. Yeah but if Timmay ever came back, then TheKin2 would be sad his role models threads kept vanishing.

Granted, the post count would just be from the rabid wolves jumping on board to attack Timmay and his snake-oil....but the auto-delete would surely be triggered, leaving a sad, and confused TheKin2.

#28     Feb 23, 2008
  9. LoL... whatever man.

#29     Feb 23, 2008
  10. indeed..

#30     Feb 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.