Open letter to Baron

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I seem to remember a thread here in feed back that took place some years ago on the same topic, in which Baron participated in.
    In that thread, the question was ask “Baron, what is your goal for ET?”
    His answer, if I remember correctly, was “to make ET the very best site for traders on the net.”

To me, that means all traders, in all there glorious ugliness, the respectable parts, and the not so respectable parts. Make no mistake, we all have a dose of ugly in us.

Not some sort of sanitized master / pupal robotic intercourse.

As I said in my previous post, theres nothing stopping you from being dictator of your own kingdom.

It seems a little disingenuous to me, that you come here and “recruit” participants to your own message board and chat room, and then backhandedly slam baron for the way he runs his site.

#11     Feb 21, 2008
  2. You obviously seem like you have a problem with me being a moderator for the sole purpose of enforcing Barons own Conduct Rules Policy...

http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

If not...please say so. :confused:

Secondly, I've NEVER recruited any one from ET to go join any discussion forum where I happen to be already an existing moderator (there are 3 forums) nor a forum where I moderated in the past and that includes chat rooms.

Yep...I got moderator experience and I run a tight ship.

If so...please show one particular post where I've even mention a specific location where I currently moderate or have moderated at in the past in which I was recruiting another ET member...

One single message post. :mad:

In addition, I'm also telling you that you are a liar for even stating such as if such was fact. :mad:

FYI: I have recruited approximately 128 members from other forums to join ET...

13 members of which have taken the time to notify ET about such via EliteTrader.com referral count that ET makes available for viewing.

Yes, I keep count because I keep track of those I know from other forums where I moderate.

In addition, I post links at other forums directing members from there to EliteTrader.com and not the other way around.

Something else, I've have had private pm conversations with Baron in complaints about specific members at ET that post links directly to his competition as in links to other forums or recruits.

Recently, I've openly complained at ET about one particular person to only see my message post deleted and I openly complained again about such here at ET. :mad:

I'll repeat, you owe me an apology.

With that said, I have mention the names of chat rooms where I am a visitor on some occassions (e.g. #IndexFutures) but I do not moderate at that chat room nor do I have any affiliations with the moderators of any chat rooms I've mentioned in response to ET members asking questions about other lcations.

The name along with many other chat rooms mentioned by me were in a direct response to an ET member posting a question about such...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113764

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1290729

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74168&perpage=5&pagenumber=5

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1055575

All while not mentioning any specific locations where I moderated or have moderated in the past.

In addition, as Baron already knows, there are ET members including a few current and past moderators that hang out at other trading related and none trading related forums where I hang out...

Locations I won't name, have never named to prevent someone like you from fabricating crap about me recruiting ET members.

Once again, you owe me an apology and make it sound sincere. :mad:

P.S. Do you remember your own specific post in which an ET member talked about going over to t2w (he posted direct links) to look at books and other info concerning Price Volume Analysis...

I didn't see you complaining about that in your reply to him. :eek:

Mark

#12     Feb 21, 2008
  3. Yeah, ET addiction is pretty rough.
    Lately I've heard about these clinics where they try and get you clean by administering a message board substitute.

Unfortunately they make you come in at like 6:00 AM every morning to dose, they're located in nasty-ass ghetto neighborhoods, and there are always a bunch of shady looking guys standing right outside, selling fresh ET thread printouts.

#13     Feb 21, 2008
  4. Look, I don't want to get into a pissing match with you, so I'll just say a couple of more things concerning this issue.

1.You want to enforce your interpretation of Barons TOS.
    2.You and I exchanged Pms back in 2004 or maybe 2005, when I had a different user name. You sent me a link to your site, and instructions to join your chat room. On your site, you had a variety of strategies for sale. After looking over your message board for a day, I decided to decline, and never returned. All anyone has to do is send you a pm and they'll get the invite. At least, thats the way is was then.

Thats the only reason you participate in those candle threads here at ET.

Quote from you
    In addition, I post links at other forums directing members from there to EliteTrader.com and not the other way around.

Something else, I've have had private pm conversations with Baron in complaints about specific members at ET that post links directly to his competition as in links to other forums or recruits.
    end quote.

So its OK for you to betray a message board, but not for someone else to do it? Yeah, thats moralistic.

If you have lost your message board and chat room for some reason since the time you sent me a personal invite, I understand where the confusion is coming from.

BUT, no apology is offered. I know how it was, I was there.

PS. You're problems with db are your own. Why drag out your dirty laundry?

#14     Feb 21, 2008
  5. First of all, I didn't mention db nor am I talking about him although I am aware of complaints about him when he was specifically telling ET members to leave ET and go to another specific discussion forum.

I'm now curious why you assumed I was talking about dbphoenix because only 3 specific ET members know what he did. :confused:

There are currently 5 other ET members doing exactly the same thing as he did and one of them is the person I was talking about without mentioning any specific names via connecting the dots between your specific reply to him in one of your recent public message post to him...

Same person that said (implied in the past) at another forum about bringing (recommending its a better place than ET) ET members to that forum. :mad:

So far...your assumptions have been inaccurate and if you want the specific link to your message post...

I am happy to pm it to you.

Secondly, I keep ALL my pm's...all are downloaded.

I never contacted you to recruit you but you may have solicited me for information as do many others that solicit me for info via either email or pm.

Simply, send me a pm with your old user name and I will gladly point out how you solicited me for info.

Thus, lets get your statement a little more correct without the clever bending of the truth.

For example, if you were to ask me specifically where I moderate and how to join...

If I tell you...am I recruiting you or are you soliciting me for info???

You seem to get the two confused (recruiting versus your solicitation) unintentionally or intentionally to support your beliefs.

Once again, I am more than happy to repost your PM to me openly for all to read for all to see if I recruited you or if you solicited me because I download and file all my pm's.

Secondly, don't mention anything for sale because that's another way of implying I tried to sale something to you without you first soliciting me for the info.

Once again, send me a pm with you old user name and I WILL post your pm for all to see with your permission of course along with my reply.

Your next false assumption is the following...

I was specifically ASKED (politely) to start a thread at ET on Japanese Candlesticks by an ET moderator.

I said I would only do it if the thread would be properly moderated if I complained about any off-topic discussions, people showing up to post links to other websites instead to other candlestick discussions at ET.

The reply from the moderator was no problem.

I then started a thread called Trading Hammer's Revisited.

A thread link I post at other forums to bring them to EliteTrader.com

A thread link that gets on average about 75 unique hits per day when the thread was active.

I no longer talk about that thread outside of ET because I no longer participate in it.

Another assumption is the following...

I still own my discussion forum and I've never posted a direct link to it nor even named it at EliteTrader.com

However, if you have contacted me via email or pm via soliciting for the location and name...

Yes, that has happen several times while I've been an ET member.

Simply, you don't come across as being sarcastic.

Therefore, do you understand the difference between you soliciting me for info via email or pm in comparison to me contacting you first (which never happened) and telling you info you did not ask about???

Please answer the above question espeically since you are the one (not me) that may some FALSE info about me.

You know darn well I did not recruit you and you know any info I gave you via email or pm was directly in response to you soliciting me for such info.

At least you can do is show some balls and mention your old user name so I can repost the info for all to see. :mad:

Do not insult me further with a reply like...

Well...maybe I contacted you first and ask you for info about such and such...I really can't remember the exact details.

I have all my pms and I'm more than happy to show it to help you with your memory lapse.

Once again...apology still requested of you.

Also, as a friendly reminder, I bring traders to EliteTrader.com via my associations with them at other locations...

Locations where I moderate at and know that ET contains specific info they are looking for...reason why I send them to ET to specific links...

I do not send them to any other locations other than to something like Amazon.com

I will continue doing so and I'm proud to say these are quality ET members.

P.S. I'll repeat...do you remember your own recent specific message post in which an ET member talked about going over to t2w (he posted direct links) to look at books and other info concerning Price Volume Analysis...

I didn't see you complaining about that in your reply to him.

Mark

#15     Feb 22, 2008
  6. Pop Quiz Question: Did a ET moderator solicit me to start a candlestick thread or did I try to recruit him via starting a Japanese Candlestick thread???

You can tell me via pm or email of course your other user name so I can repost the info about your solicitation...

I'll be nice to blacken out your old user ID name so others won't know your other alias here at ET.

Also, don't see me any more emails nor pm (except for one with your old user ID so I can accurately connect the dots about you) especially now that I know how you plan on twisting the truth...

You're rude via your intentionally bending the truth after you solicited me for info...

Most likely after I helped you with trading prior to you soliciting for info about my stuff.

Thus, once I can determine whom you really are and if I had helped you in any way shape or form along with you specifically using words that I've helped you in those emails or pm's...

Chuck, you will be the last person I help at ET. :mad:

Last of all, you remind me of another person at ET that solicit me for info about how I trade and posted almost the same thing you did...

Was someone here named robert.

Someone that retracted his statement after I posted to him his pm conversation.

Mark

#16     Feb 22, 2008
  7. hughb

hughb

Uh, I don't know if I'm hijacking this thread or not....

But the mods are plenty active here, they have deleted many, many threads. Too many in my opinion.

There isn't any consistency in what gets deleted and what is allowed, but that can be understandable. This is a huge forum, it must be a lot of work to moderate it.

BUT, this guy with the anti-Jew crap. First of all, as far as I'm concerned, anti-Jew crap should be allowed, it's just an opinion. But this assclown is doing something to jack up the page views to thousands an hour. That ain't got nothing to do with freedom of speech, he's manipulating this site to propagate his propaganda. Why in the world would those threads be allowed to stand when any post ridiculing Jack Hershey lounging at Camp David and autographing books for aristocracy be banned?

#17     Feb 22, 2008
  8. Chucky Ells, you just have a way of making friends and influencing people! :D

Say, why is it you have found it necessary to have a different alias than the one Nihaba refers to?

Were you ever banned?

Just curious why it is that you decided to take on a new alias....what are you hiding? If you're not hiding anything, just tell us all what your old alias was when you communicated to Nihaba in the time frame he is referring to.

#18     Feb 22, 2008
  9. Chuck,

I need your help because I'm having some problems in guessing about whom you are in your prior email or pm exchanges with me via your former ET user alias.

Please review the attachment to let me know if one of those traders is you and I've blacken out all private/confidential information.

I have others, about 217 similar like messages I've downloaded and saved of being solicited for info but I'm having problems trying to determine which one is specifically you via your old alias. :cool:

Thanks in advance (sarcasm).

I almost forgot...here's that prior conversation I had with robert (roberk) after he made a very similar like accusation as you did and later apologized...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61207&perpage=5&pagenumber=6

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61207&perpage=5&pagenumber=7

Also, read very carefully what I said to Samson77 at the above link because at that time he was a well known vendor basher...

The games you guys play is just odd.

By the way, I won't rub it in any more about the apology request because I've grown tired of guys like you at ET.

I will no longer respond to email or pm questions from any ET member.

In fact, I've set it up so that I can no longer receive emails nor pm's.

In addition, I will spend most of time away from EliteTrader.com

However, I may (not likely) drop in once in a full moon to chat on anything that catches my eye at the moment that I've heard about at another location.

How does that song go...

Another one bites the dust...hey hey...another one bites the dust....

Take care all and good trading.

Mark
    (self banned)

#19     Feb 22, 2008

10. Ok Im out....My self ban from beer ended last night durring American Idol:D

#20     Feb 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.