Open E Cry what a disappointment!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by saxon22, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Ares

Ares

I confirm for other platforms

No trading activity for YM today

#21     Sep 7, 2007
  2. LOL - apparently Open E Cry reads ET. Thought it was fairest to post this:
    ---------------------------
    General announcement:

12:19 PM General
    We have been informed that some of this dialog is quickly making it to the bulletin boards. Of course we have back up and redundant machines. We have built one of the most robust infrastructures possible. This does not mean there will never be issues. Also, our data center is Equinix one of the most premier data centers in the world.

Over the course of a year, we would put our performance up against any firm out there regardless of size.

#22     Sep 7, 2007
  3. Ok, it looks eCBOT was ok for some traders and not OK for others.

I suspect other things went wrong at OEC today other than their CME connection.

Have a nice weekend.

#23     Sep 7, 2007
  4. Open E Cry is surely going down the hill with their service. Just to add more salt to the situation, they decided to screw up even further. Once I learned about the situation that something was wrong this morning, after re booting my machine and getting the same output I called Open E Cry and first the lady did not even acknowledged that there was a problem. I also tried their on line help, I IM 3 different representatives and none of them answered .... ever. The telephone lady told me she can only buy or sell my orders in a voice that sounded that I am asking her for a fucking quarter to buy crack. When I asked her to inform me about the status of my trade (were they filled and at what level, she left and did not come back for 13 minutes. In the meantime, I called them on my cell and asked another representative to cancel all my orders.. Thinking that i was out of trouble relatively speaking, I turned everything off and came back around 4 o'clock. Unfortunately, to my utter surprise, one of my orders was not cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I immediately called Open E Cry and was told that everything had been fixed. I asked the guy then how come my cancel all order which ws placed 4 hours before was not executed. His response was that I could do it now. What the fuck is that? I understand that every brokerage has occasional hiccups, but please do not treat me like a fucking child and that kind of unprofessional attitude is simply unacceptable in this or any other business. I am in themarket M-F and AH and I place anywhere from 3 to 10 orders a day, biggest being 10 car at a time. I would think that a brokerage would appreciate the business I am generating for them. I guess not.

BTW. This is the second time I have had issues with Open E Cry. I did not make the first one public thinking everybody has a second chance. But what happened today was simply too much.

Last week, my entire day's profit (around $1200) fucking disappeared. I called and the representative was mumbling something incoherently about problems and after checking records ....restored my original balance. That was fucking strange and illustrated how amateurish and unprofessional this place really is.

I wonder what next..... but wait, maybe there is another solution and we all know what that is. Now,where is that phone to _____________ (fill in the blank), that will appreciate my business and treat me with courtesy that is expected when two sides conduct business with one another.

What is even more ironic is that for the last year I was actually promoting Open E Cry on ET, telling others how good they are and recommending them to others. Shame on me and shame on Open E cry!

#24     Sep 7, 2007
  5. Like the others have mentioned, you stick around long enough in this business and you experience everything ... lots of us have had a similar experience, and we totally sympathize with you.

If you're still this pissed with them after the weekend, I recommend you get rid of them, because you'll NEVER be able to trust them again.

FTR, I trade with Global Futures, been through a lot of years with them, and they're allright with me.

A few other recommendations have been made as well, time to start making inquiries.

JJ

#25     Sep 7, 2007
  6. total jerkoff outfit . had a data issue with them and was told it had been fixed . as this wasnt the case .. managed to take an $11k hit . fortunately a complaint to nfa made oec a "bit" more accomodating . ric tomsic thinks he's quite a smartass. they need to understand that its a big world with plenty of other brokers out there. bad service can be had anywhere.

#26     Sep 7, 2007
  7. Ain't it the truth...

#27     Sep 7, 2007
  8. AMEN!

#28     Sep 10, 2007
  9. Saxon curious if you switched brokers? If you did, you missed CME quotes (ES anyways) going down twice at Open E Cry within the first 15 mins. after the FOMC rate announcement. Outages lasted just a few minutes but my disappointment that this can happen grows. Luckily my eSignal charts kept me informed but I definitely missed some trading opportunity...

#29     Sep 18, 2007
  10. gtgt

gtgt

Did anyone else using OEC have their globex quotes go down right after the fed announcement today? It went down twice - both times were the exact right moment to enter - re enter long. The people there seem quite nice - however in the one month I've been with them they have gotten my accnt balance wrong twice, their quotes have gone down during both of the last two fed announcements, and I had a trailing stop execute prematurly which they did compensate me for.

#30     Sep 18, 2007