Open E Cry what a disappointment!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by saxon22, Sep 7, 2007.

1. I second these comments rcanfiel! EVERY broker has glitches - it is what they do about it that counts. Interestingly, I would read the chat correspondence at the beginning of this thread as evidence of how good a broker OEC is - they informed everyone of the problem and what to do (call them) and that they were addressing the issue - what more could you ask for? (of course they have backups and secondary servers - sheesh!)

Listen, we are each responsible - TOTALLY - for our trading. Expect your connections to the exchanges to go down any second of every day and know what you will do about it. Have all necessary phone numbers pasted right in front of you. Have your secondary broker platforms up and running. Be ready to react and know what you're going to do - don't go blaming others.

For what its worth, I traded right through this morning with OEC without a hitch.

#11     Sep 7, 2007
  2. Indeed. They should pop over to the Xpresstrade thread, where they have been bumbling trades for years. Or perhaps the forex brokers, where you may have brokers working against your positions (or going out of business).

Every major broker probably has a whiny ET thread about how incompetent they seem, and about how good OTHER brokers might be, instead...

#12     Sep 7, 2007
  3. NinjaTrader with Spike and XTrader with Advantage

- I wished Transact had NinjaTrader..that would be nice.

#13     Sep 7, 2007
  4. If you were trading non-CME products, you were fine.

Agreed that we, as traders, are all responsible and need contingency plans. However, if we stop expecting perfection from our brokers, they will slip even further from ever achieving it.

#14     Sep 7, 2007
  5. I was trading YM (eCBOT) and it was not fine.

#15     Sep 7, 2007
  6. And it is still not working.

#16     Sep 7, 2007
  7. Marvin, I wonder if they have different eCBOT servers and you're on a different one or what? During CME outage I hedged with YM and it has been seamless all day and still is for me. Sorry you are down. Give 'em a call...

#17     Sep 7, 2007
  8. Hi,

Now I am confused: I did phone them and they told me it was a general problem and not only affecting me. And I only tried to trade YM.
    Earlier in European morning I traded 6J (CME) and Bund (Eurex) without problems.

One hour ago YM was still not working for me: I was receiving the same msg that this morning (order rejected because breaking limits, which has nothing to do with reality) and I contacted them through their online chat in OEC software and they still told me it was a general problem and not only affecting me.

Have a nice weekend

#18     Sep 7, 2007
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

my YM was down but it had been ok since 2pm EST.

#19     Sep 7, 2007
  10. mde2004

mde2004

I traded today and was fine. You guys must be missing something.

#20     Sep 7, 2007