Open-E-Cry Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bond-Speculator, Nov 9, 2006.

1. You might want to look at TransAct. They now support stop limit order. No open outcry though. Their DOM is pretty good, not TT pro, but more than basic X Trader.

#51     Nov 12, 2006
  2. Why don't create at least a backup for one mkt (e.g. eCBOT) with TT under the 'transactional model'? You should be able to get similar commission obviously opening another account. I'm using this setup.

#52     Nov 13, 2006
  3. There is still with Transact the flying DOM (similar to the Jtrader or Onyx behavior) or disappearing volumeon bids/asks when placing an order on DOM (similar to Trademaven)?

#53     Nov 13, 2006
  4. Yes, I believe that is still true. I haven't used their demo in 4 months. My friend/mentor is using now though. It's due to the TT patent issue.

#54     Nov 13, 2006
  5. Another issue I'm having seems more serious. I'm seeing size print off in OEC DOM but the same size not printing off in my TT DOM. For example I'll see 800 print off at 28s in the 30-yrs on the OEC DOM but only 25 print off in TT DOM. I'm going to start recording my screen from now on so that I'll have proof of this...

#55     Nov 21, 2006
  6. anyone else have this problemo?

#56     Nov 21, 2006
  7. kowboy

kowboy

Bond speculator,

Some years ago I had a similar problem with another trading platform. Every other program worked fine(charts and two other brokers), but the platform would disconnect intermittently or be out for longer times. When disconnects occurred I would talk to the Isp and the broker repeatedly. Everything supposedly always looked fine from their end.

Turned out the problem was a router on the fiber backbone that the Isp leased, which was about 150 miles from my home. This particular router was storing data and then data bursting and causing the front end of the platform to disconnect. At least that's what I was told.

May not be your specific problem, but things can happen.

#57     Nov 21, 2006
  8. Maybe that was it. But now I am having an even more serious problem. See below

Another issue I'm having seems more serious. I'm seeing size print off in OEC DOM but the same size not printing off in my TT DOM. For example I'll see 800 print off at 28s in the 30-yrs on the OEC DOM but only 25 print off in TT DOM. I'm going to start recording my screen from now on so that I'll have proof of this...

#58     Nov 21, 2006
  9. Bond - it sounds like it's time to replace OEC. I don't understand why people stick with something if it is or appears to be broke. There are plenty of options out there for trading futures.

#59     Nov 21, 2006
  10. bond, your complaining is really gettig old. you made your point. go back and read version 77 post. i have been with OEC for close to a year. I can't remember the last time ive had a disconnection issue. I use TT, TS8 and OEC and OEC is the most reliable with the best customer service. I don't mind reading a few of your complaints but your just getting darn right boring. go tell your story somewhere else.
    pat

#60     Nov 21, 2006