Open-E-Cry Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bond-Speculator, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Actually, I recall an equities broker I had an account with a few years ago. They used tracert as proof that the problem was with my ISP. I bought it and said okay. However, after the connection issues were resolved I tried the tracert again and it still hung. So even after the connection issues were resolved the tracert produced the same result it did when the disconnection issues were rampant. Just think about that...

#21     Nov 10, 2006
  2. With that said, so far OEC has been decent with low prices and a nice trade report generator. Disconnection issues come up for me about once per 3 weeks. Problem is they seem to come when I am heavily vested in the bonds. I lost a little over 1200 bucks yesterday because of this issue. And I am absolutely convinced that it is not my ISP for otherwise other trading platforms would experience the same problem.

#22     Nov 10, 2006
  3. romik

romik

I am not saying I believed them, that unresloved issue has cost me quite a few thousand, after speaking with a solicitor I decided to simply move on to another broker and a different platform. Most times it ends up being a conspiracy theory unless you have enough proof. Like in your case my ISP has told me that there were no problems during that time.

#23     Nov 10, 2006
  4. consipracy theory. that made me laugh. lol

But i understand what you are saying. I'm a reasonable person. I've made quite a bit more than 1200 bucks at OEC and with my other accounts over the past 7 months or so. We'll see how it turns out from here on out. I don't mind losing money to market moves. Losing money to a disconnection issue is unbearable though; it is simply not right and I can never feel good about that sort of thing. I guess it goes with the territory though

#24     Nov 10, 2006
  5. romik

romik

I was certain that it was my broker trying to profit from my margins, can I prove it? Apparently I can't. I understand how you feel.

#25     Nov 10, 2006
  6. katesdp

katesdp

"so far OEC has been decent with low prices and a nice trade report generator"

That's nice.

#26     Nov 10, 2006
  7. Yes. it is. Too bad the disconnection issues spoil that once every three or so weeks

#27     Nov 10, 2006
  8. Let's see... you are going to keep your OEC account, and when
    YOU have a problem with YOUR connection to OEC, you are going
    to keep on posting (griping) in this thread about it.

Why don't you just leave OEC like a man if you don't like it.

Apparently you lost $1200 and you want revenge in a public forum.

You also state you are not going to communicate with OEC anymore.
    Instead, you are going to be "gripe boy" here about it.

Your thread title is 100% geared to draw attention to YOUR
    problem and you are hoping others are having the same problem
    as YOU. Don't sound like that is happening dude.

In fact, from looking at your thread title and reading your posts
    and responses to others, it seems like you are going over the edge
    mental wise. Can't be good for your trading...

Like I said earlier, just bone up and split like a man and quit your griping.

Apparently OEC is not for you.

#28     Nov 10, 2006
  9. This is your mistake for not immediately contacting OEC technical support. I have found their support and customer service to be outstanding. You should be carefull about blaming them for the problem when nobody else experienced a problem on that day AND you didn't bother to call the vendor directly.

#29     Nov 11, 2006
  10. Quark

Quark

I've been with OEC since April and haven't had any problems. The DOM is good, especially since the last upgrade. Since they added charts with the tools I need, I dropped my old chart service and the data feeds I used to pay for. I couldn't be more satisfied.

#30     Nov 11, 2006