Open-E-Cry Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bond-Speculator, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I am currently a customer with Open E Cry. I hope this forum can serve the purpose of sharing our disconnection issue experiences at Open E-cry.

I've had numerous technical problems with the OEC trading platform over the past few months.

NOTE: PLEASE WRITE THE TIME AND DATE OF YOUR OEC DICONNECTION ISSUE AS WELL AS HOW LONG YOU WERE DISCONNECTED FOR. PLEASE ALSO WRITE WHAT INSTRUMENTS YOU TRADE THROUGH OEC AND WHAT YOUR POSITION WAS WHEN YOU WERE DISCONNECTED.

DATE: 11-09-2006
    TIME: 2:10PM
    LENGTH OF DISC: 15 MINUTES PLUS
    POSITION: SHORT 10 contracts US 30-YEAR BOND AT 112'160
    CURRENT MARKET: 112'190

UNREALIZED LOSS DUE TO DISCONNECTION: -$1875.00 not inlcluding commissions.

My TT DOM with Goldenberg Hehmeyer never experienced a disconnect while the OEC is still down. Also, CQG charts are up and running without any disconnection issues whatsoever today. Therefore, this issue is Open E-Cry specific rather than a problem with the ECBOT data.

2. I had disconnect problems with Win98. Since I bought a new XP based system, everythings been stable as a rock.

3. Running windows xp professional here with all the latest windows updates installed.....

4. I have used Open-E-Cry for about 6 months with no dis-connect issues. I should say I only use them in the morning hours, so I can't say what an all day, everyday, circumstance would be. I have no complaints to date.

5. I've had NUMEROUS disconnection issues with them over the past three or four months. Been with them since April. I have so many other accounts with different firms that I know for a fact that this issue is OEC specific and not a problem with the ECBOT or with my internet connection (which is BROADBAND CABLE 30mbps/sec).

If anyone else has any problems with OEC connections, please post here. This will be a great forum for OEC problems. I'll post here whenever I have a disconnection issue from now on.

6. Finally able to log in again. been about an hour and a half I was disconnected.

I'll be sure to post on here if I happen to be disconnected ever again. I'll post every single disconnection issue I have on this website. I'll post as it happens.

Thanks

7. Anyone else have any problems with Open E-Cry?

8. I don't have a OEC account, but the thing that I wonder is if you're having so many disconnect problems, and you have many other accounts, why continue with OEC? What am I missing here?

OldTrader

9. Well, they have low commissions and I've just been testing them out for the past few months. Believe it or not i've had numerous problems with TT as well in my other accounts; and I pay big money for TT (well, relatively speaking). I'm trying to weigh the cost/benefit of paying extra for TT versus trading with OEC. Also, I like to keep my money in many different accounts just in case one happens to fold. OEC has been pretty decent so far but there seems to be a number of disconnection issues I've had over the past few months. I want to see if this is to be expected in general or if it is just an anomaly.

10. Shraga18

Shraga18

Have you discussed the issue with OEC?

#10     Nov 10, 2006