Open E Cry down again?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rida07, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rida07

rida07

Second time this week. Quotes are just frozen and getting an error message saying "No interface found for this exchange".

Waiting for live online representative to confirm. Been about 5 minutes.

2. rida07

rida07

still waiting - been another 10 minutes (15 minutes total).

3. rida07

rida07

Amazingly, 30 minutes later, and I am still waiting for live representative online - quotes are still frozen.

this is a shame as every other aspect of open e cry is excellent. love the interface, commission schedule and execution speed.

I am lucky that i was flat when that happened - hope that Open E Cry reads this board and can comment on why something like this can happen and persist for so long.

4. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

They are still down - they just sent a message alert out through the OEC s/w saying they are having problems with their system.

Like you I like a lot about them but they seem to have s/w or network issues too often.

As a result of the last major issue (network related I think) that I experienced with OEC earlier this year back in March/April time I relagated these guys to be my backup broker - I've never regretted it.

5. jimmyrey.....good move
    I went beyond that...I made them my ex-broker...
    and never regretted it
    as usual..they're probably telling everyone they
    will be up in a few minutes

6. well some markets are back up, but still no eurex feed...
    Shit happens...guess ill make some tea.
    Still the best IMHO.

7. Shaqi

Shaqi

anyone getting correct data now?

8. sk8erboy

sk8erboy

everything is looking fine now,
    but the charts are screwed up because of missing data

9. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

OEC sent out a note a while back saying their CME interface was up and running

yes, seems to be updating now...though two big gaps on my OEC charts ......