Open e cry data feed has become junk

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Cazza La Randa, Dec 2, 2008.

1. When comparing this are you using a live version of OEC or a demo version?

#11     Dec 4, 2008
  2. This is not the problem.

They planned to add the new Fast Fix connection in the live platform...very soon

Maybe someone has to tell them, that the new feed they are testing, is pure junk

I AM STILL WAITING FOR OEC Representative THAT EXPLAIN HOW DO THEY THINK TO GIVE A REAL FAST RELIABLE PLATFORM WITH THIS NEW FEED

#12     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Didnt answer my question. Looking at a live vs Demo DOM i do see a difference.

#13     Dec 4, 2008
  4. I answered!

The live version will have soon the new data feed (Fast/Fix protocol) that is on the demo, right now

I am asking OEC why they have chosen this solution

They have a good data feed, as I said.

Why they want to use a new bad data feed??? Is it less expensive?

#14     Dec 4, 2008
  5. This may have something to do with it. This is from Dec 1, 2008 CME Globex Notice:

FIX/FAST Migration Updates
    Migration & the Elimination of RLC Format
    The FIX/FAST migration deadline of November 14, 2008, has now been passed.

Customers that have failed to migrate off RLC-format market data will be surcharged this week, retroactive to the original deadline of October 17, amounting to a total of $12,000.00 per customer site. Subsequent surcharges will be assessed per week, per site† for customers who continue to pull RLC-format market data as follows:

$4,000 per week in November
    $6,000 per week in December
    The legacy RLC-format market data will be eliminated in production on December 26, 2008. RLC-format market data has been retired in Certification and will be retired in New Release at close of business on Friday, December 13.

#15     Dec 5, 2008
  6. Been having the same problem. Whenever OEC has problems w/ their software / data feeds, they have always been quick to fix them. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

It is getting VERY annoying though. At my wits end.

#16     Dec 5, 2008
  7. I noticed this issue with ES, I think the lag was making it harder than usual to get filled and also when trading with tight stops there were some problems where the stop was "jumped" before the order even hit their servers therefore I would be in an unprotected trade without realizing it for a few minutes. I switched to NQ and have not had any problems. I'm actually a lot happier just trading NQ - there is way less noise IMO and I get the fill I am looking for more frequently.

#17     Dec 6, 2008
  8. Shaqi

Shaqi

Platform problems today - sheez these guys must wake up or we vote with our feet

#18     Dec 8, 2008
  9. What problem are you having? I've been ok today on OEC.

#19     Dec 8, 2008
  10. rickf

rickf

OK I am noticing OEC ES charts (live side) are more jumpy at times today than they used to be ... not sure if it's just the price action or their data feed, though.

#20     Dec 8, 2008