Open Borders - The Final Solution

Discussion in 'Economics' started by yeayo, Jun 14, 2005.

1. richie90

richie90

Buzzy2,
    Both sides win. USA gets a cheap labor force and a chance to rebuild/own America factories (auto,electronics etc) and compete with Asia. Low cost freight from the "OPEN" state to other US states.
    Mexicans win ... with legal employment, good work benefits and knowing that they will have a future in the hybrid "OPEN" state.
    Both countries will thrive in such an environment with their interdependence on each other. At the same time, slow down the Asian threat of cheaper goods. Both countries will also gain a new respect for each other.
    It is better to spend our US dollars with Mexico, than in ASIA, where it is only a matter of time before they hold us as economic hostage.

#21     Jun 15, 2005
  2. The state will immediately become the poorest state in the country - median income $5.15 hr (assuming the minimum wage is not cancelled of course or it would be $2 hr). Poverty, crime, homelessness, deseases, in other words the state becomes the pride of the nation - american dream come true.

90% of americans would move out to other states, unwilling to put up with this. How about making it YOUR state.

#22     Jun 15, 2005
  3. steve23

steve23

You that think we should have an open border have been sitting behind your desk too long

It is not if they ad or make more jobs for the economy that is the question..

So do Drug Dealers...

It is the fact that they are bankrupting many hospitals here in Texas , Arizona, New Mexico, and California. As they all will go to the emergency room just for a cold, and since they are paying nothing for it, it gets passed on to the tax payer, and the Hospital. and as someone mentioned earlier, here in Texas my property taxes are going up every year, to pay for the the illegal workers children, who send their kids to school, ( and many demanding bilingual teachers, breakfast, and lunch, bus rides, and yet 90 % of them don't pay any property taxes.

Why should I have to pay for their children ?

These 2 things alone are reason enough to protect our borders.

Do you know that here in Texas, many times the Border Patrol will just let the illegal go , drop him off at the bus stop, and ask him to promise to leave, or to show up in court the next week ( what a joke )

Anyone who does not think so, has their head in the sand, and should take one day , come down here to one of these States, and visit a Emergency Room at the hospital, and better yet, try to get admitted into the emergency room, for something as little as some stitches on a weekend, and you will wait for 6 hours, or longer sometimes, even though you want to pay cash or you have Insurance, as the ER is filled with 1000 illegals, who will pay zero.

In Houston many who Retire, have to sell their home and move to a cheaper one, even though it is paid off, as their Property( for the local school district ) taxes are almost doubling every few years, to pay for the illegal workers Children to go for free.
    So why is it that Someone who worked hard his or her whole life, paid his or her own taxes, paid his or her own Insurance, or hospital bills, never asked for a free lunch ( or demanded it ) and then when this person finally reaches retirement, has to sell their home and move our of the city( as they cant afford the rising school taxes ), so many Ilegals can have a free schooling and healthcare ???

#23     Jun 15, 2005
  4. ptunic

ptunic

Steve I agree-- that is why in my opinion people should pay for their own products and services-- including education/health care.. not for other people's needs except through voluntary private charity.

-Taric

#24     Jun 15, 2005
  5. This has been pointed out by some wise men of the past.
    I like your idea, provided they make nononsense the monarch.

#25     Jun 15, 2005
  6. steve23

steve23

"Steve I agree-- that is why in my opinion people should pay for their own products and services-- including education/health care.. not for other people's needs except through voluntary private charity.

-Taric"

Politicians would never do this, they would never take away such things, as them are afraid of not being re-elected

It is not would is good or bad for America that is important to the politician , it is what will get the politician re-elected

#26     Jun 15, 2005
  7. we all agree there is definitely a problem.

we know for sure the current policies are NOT working.

if we raise the cost of illegality tightening the borders even more then only the worst will come, those who don't care about legality or paying taxes those who are willing to break the law to become illegals: parasites, terrorist, drug dealers. the problem won't be solved because there is no way to stop anyone truly determined to get into the US at any cost.

the libertarian proposal is sort of like legalizing pot: given that there are people who will smoke pot no matter what then let's instead figure out how to reduce the costs to everyone else instead of banning it. one way of doing it is legalizing it.

more legal immigrants mean more taxes, more educated productive, entrepreneurial, law abiding immigrants

freebies must definitely stop, health insurance must be mandatory to anyone trying to set foot on America, and banning 2-3 families living in tiny apartments or houses. real estate prices alone will weed out any undesirable. like in london, it is very easy to immigrate to the uk but many leave because they can't afford london's high cost of living.

Also US immigration policies do not have economic foundations that's why it's a mess. They easily let family members in, regardless if they are disabled or poor people in their 60s or older, nobody asks them what are you going to contribute to this country, everyone knows they will leech off the health care system until they're dead.

#27     Jun 15, 2005
  8. If politicians may not get re-elected for taking away certain services that means people (citizens, voters, taxpayers) want the services and they are willing to pay for them. What's the problem?

That's exactly why the libertarians will never get elected. It's not that they are wrong or right but overwhelming majority of americans don't want to live in a kind of society (jungle) they promote.

#28     Jun 15, 2005
  9. steve23

steve23

I friend of mine who owns a Large Construction Company told me that even many of the legal immigrants from Mexico have a system down to get a free lunch.

He told me that some of the Men who work for him (and are paid very good ) that are legal, will divorce their wife once they become a legal , so the wife and kids can file for food stamps, medicaid ( free health and dental care ) and welfare, while the husband is being paid very good money, and they still live together as man and wife.

#29     Jun 15, 2005
  10. steve23

steve23

Wrong !

If you took a poll now, the majority are for protecting our border more, but do they politicians do this ? No

if you took a poll now, the majority are for banning late term abortion, but is it outlawed ? NO

It is not what most want, it is about how one is viewed.

The politicians are afraid being made a monster by the liberal News Media, and especially the newspapers in their home city.

Just look how fast Arnold back tracked after he said we should protect out borders more. He had to blame his statement on a language problem, since english is not his born language he said.

"If politicians may not get re-elected for taking away certain services that means people (citizens, voters, taxpayers) want the services and they are willing to pay for them. What's the problem?"

#30     Jun 15, 2005