open a branch / trading group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shortseller, May 12, 2010.

1. NKNY

NKNY

lol, going by your logic we should all stay away from bank of america and especially CHASE.... those bums are alway on tv trying to get people to open accounts and take out loans... Thay must definitly not be trust worthy and up to no good...

Sounds to me like your a compitetor whos a little upset that Bright has out marketed you. Now I'm not saying you are, just sounds that way.... :D

look, If I have a store that gives away free ten dollar bills and no one knows about it, well, you get to keep your ten dollar bills.

Sure it could catch on eventually but there is nothing wrong with helping the process along, speeding it up if you will... Waiting to organically grow is a recipe for disaster especially with running overhead.

Nick

#11     May 15, 2010
  2. you were owned dude. Give it up

#12     May 15, 2010
  3. Bright is a sponsor, pays for the right to post, is an obviously intelligent poster, was relevant to this thread and is respected by people who know anything about trading,

None of these seen to apply to you...

#13     May 15, 2010
  4. I for one would like to hear more about the Branch office options at Bright.

Even though Im no where ready for that. It's good to know there's more out there than watching charts.

Are there any Prospectus(es) or business plans for the trader?

Does the Branch Manager trader turn into more of a Risk Manager?

#14     May 15, 2010
  5. Wow what do you guys all work for Bright if you do u guys are morons not to say that bright is the worst firm to go to. But lets consider this if you do 2 million shares a month it's .003 a share, with that much volume you should be getting at least .002 if not better! I'm not going to even mention the training and software fees. You should not have to pay for training, hell there are firms that we'll pay you a salary as well train you for free!

Let us think about this does a company that spends most of their time devoted to trying to get anybody and everybody to join their firm really have your best interest at heart? Are they really going to have the support as far as training goes. Most firms that bring new traders do it because one of their traders referred that person or group or they posted on career builder. I never hear about anybody talking about going to Bright both here or at the firm i'm at which I didn't even mention as a place to go to when i originally posted!

In keeping to the original post I'm going to add some more firms that I would check out Shortseller

First New York if you can get in
    Title Trading
    Paramount Equity Partners
    Swift trading if your in Canada.
    SMB Capital
    T3 Capital
    Geneva Trading
    D.E. Shaw
    Cy group Trading
    AMR Capital
    Trillium

By all means don't just take my word for it do your own DD who knows there may be a chance Bright does work for you but the chances are pretty high that you can find a much better deal somewhere else.

#15     May 16, 2010
  6. spd

spd

lol why are you so uptight?

#16     May 16, 2010
  7. punter

punter

D.E. Shaw...

you forgot gs.....

#17     May 16, 2010
  8. I'm not it's just that every time people reply to this post the replies are all towards me.

#18     May 16, 2010
  9. I would be very cautious of Cy Group, Paramount, or any other firm on that list that isn't a registered Broker Dealer. The SEC is coming down hard on those firms and they can be shut down any day without notice.

#19     May 16, 2010
  10. What we offer all our traders is the ability to open a local affilliate location. They cover the local costs and are compensated for their efforts in adding value to the local environment.

Our most successful team are the two guys in Vancouver who started in a garage...one has about 90 under his wing, and the other has another location (and remotes) with about 30.

We're noticing that after a long time migration to remote trading, that more traders are seeking some company it seems.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know more, please PM me.....

Don

#20     May 17, 2010