OPEC gives America the finger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Yeah baby, let the revisionism rock on. Now Iraq was only "invaded". I see.

#11     Sep 24, 2003
  2. Just checking.

Would you not call American military forces in Iraq an "occupation"?

#12     Sep 24, 2003
  3. YOU GOT IT BRO!! ladies and gents we have another wake up

:D dumya works for the saudies???:eek:

thinkaboutit

iraq no wmd's, UN to lift sanctions, iraq to freely pump oil bringing prices down, OPEC profits drop, it's their benefit and their daddy to keep prices up:D :D

after invasion,
    iraq spigot under full dumya/saud control, Iraq oil pumped through Kuwait (iraqis get screwed again).... dumya cabal, house of saud all live happily ever after :D :cool: :D American taxpayer picks up the tab

gotta love the business plan ahahahahahaha:D :D

#13     Sep 24, 2003
  4. alfonso,

Sorry, I don't understand your point, except that you seem to enjoy the sight of anyone tweaking Uncle Sam. OPEC is a massive tax on the productive world, imposed by a group that includes some of the worst violators of human and political rights around. Controlling Iraq gives us an opportunity to break them and we should take it.

#14     Sep 24, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

AAA,

I agree with you. I thought the grand scheme was to smash opec using the iraq sledge hammer. If Bush fails to do this, woe is the world economy.

If, on the other hand, they do, then watch out! Greenie would have to put in overtime to pump up rates fast enough to keep up with the economy.

Anyone who fails to see the clear manipulation of the most important commodity to the world economy by a small group of related Arab families, is frankly, ignorant.

Do you have any freekin' clue how much oil would cost if opec did not exist? do you?

In case you don't, I offer to enlighten you:

$3/barrel

Read that again. $3/barrel. Yup! Its not a typo.

Now think about the difference between that and the current price. ok now think about where that money is flowing. If you said into the personal pockets of sheiks and their corrupt toadies who in turn fund terrorism (in return for being left alone)...DING DING DING!!!

The gordian knot that is today's geopolitical scene would be unravelled elegantly by simply removing OPEC.

#15     Sep 24, 2003
  6. Right.

And now it's the perfect time to break this anti-capitalist tyrant lead organization.

Pushing Iraq out of the organization should be fairly easy, than we can start purchasing more oil from them instead of the other Persian golf countries. By threatening Venezuela to stop purchasing from them altogether the US can make them breakout of the organization or violet it's quotas on its own.

The rest can sell their highly priced oil to the Europeans and Japanese.

Free market rule!!! :D

TM Trader

#16     Sep 24, 2003

7. No, I wouldn't call them an "occupation", I'd call them an Occupation.

#17     Sep 25, 2003