Oops. Why God Did Not Create the Universe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Well then, that settles it. The existence of this a teapot should be affirmed in books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school. At least we know this one is real. :)

#41     Sep 9, 2010
  2. Actually, it was no good when Bertrand Russell first wrote it.

#42     Sep 9, 2010
  3. You are taking the fact that Hawking stated the universe APPEARS to be designed way too far. You are only comprehending what you want to comprehend...

The real statement goes like this "The universe appears to be designed, BUT........."

Hawking does not argue that the universe is designed so stop taking him out of context.

#43     Sep 9, 2010
  4. I think it's magical how deftly and summarily you dismiss the finest minds of both today and the past. You're special.

#44     Sep 9, 2010
  5. Gayfly and Stewie, you seem to not realize that your view is no better until/unless you can explain how spontaneous creation from nothing is any more "sensible, rational, reasonable or correct."

#45     Sep 9, 2010
  6. More "sensible, rational, reasonable or correct" than a Sky Daddy? Hmm. The finest minds in physics and other sciences versus ancient superstitions and mythology. What to do, what to do...

#46     Sep 9, 2010
  7. How about trying to dispute the substance of what I'm saying instead of arguing that a philosophy "god" like Bertrand Russell and a science "god" like Stephen Hawking must be correct? Answer: you can't.

#47     Sep 9, 2010
  8. The important thing is that you can outthink any recognized expert in his field at the drop of a hat and between setups. As I noted earlier, you're...special.

#48     Sep 9, 2010
  9. Not a "sky daddy," a creator. Explain how spontaneous creation from nothing is any more "sensible, rational, reasonable or correct."

#49     Sep 9, 2010
  10. 1. What is the difference?

2. And if there is a difference, how did either of them come about? "From nothing?" or did that creator have his own creator, and so on? Perhaps you could answer that question in a "sensible, rational, reasonable or correct" manner.

#50     Sep 9, 2010