Oops! Sorry little guy, Obama screws you again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I suggest lower taxes and this is what he says, when I never mentioned republicans or endorsed Bush or anything. He just offered a strawman.

Me: Switzerland and HK have lower income and corporate taxes, and don't have cap gains tax. I think we should try to follow a model like that...

Dave: Oh yeah? Well republicans are bad!!!

WTF?! I never mentioned republicans, why is did he respond to my post by bringing up republicans?

#141     Oct 6, 2010
  2. Every time I write "Umm... no" it's because my palm is slapping my forehead. :)

#142     Oct 6, 2010
  3. Why did I bring up Republicans? Because your "tax cut" model was tried, and it failed. Badly. In fact, it failed so badly that the economy teetered on a new great depression and banks are STILL being shut down, by the hundreds.

And yet, there's always a person who writes something like "Hey everybody, let's try what we just tried!"

#143     Oct 6, 2010
  4. How come once littledave showed up hermit went back into hiding?

Dave, where is your buddy? You guys would make a great team.

#144     Oct 6, 2010
  5. Thanks, I've read a few of his posts and they're generally pretty good. Although I disagree with him pretty strongly on many items, such as steps needed to do things like balance the budget, he does seem to base his posts on reality and logic.

If he's like me he's probably not bothering to post because I have everything well in hand.

#145     Oct 6, 2010
  6. Actually they're from Obama's budget as I originally said, littledaviedumbass. The CBO doesn't write the president's budget, it's just one of many agencies that provides input that the president is free to accept, modify or ignore.

#146     Oct 6, 2010
  7. That might explain your apparent brain damage.

#147     Oct 6, 2010
  8. You see? I'm slapping my forehead so much that it's causing brain damage. If I hit myself one more time because of your posts I'm going to have you arrested for assault! :)

Yes, the CBO provides the input to the OMB, and your chart was provided by the CBO, and it's out of date as I already explained, and it's based on a key assumption, as I also already explained.

#148     Oct 6, 2010
  9. Once the president accepts input, the numbers are his. The chart wasn't "provided by the CBO" either. As for it being out of date, the national debt projection in the latest version of Obama's budget is actually WORSE ($16.68 trillion in 2020).

#149     Oct 6, 2010
  10. LOL. So if I quote Lincoln then the words are mine. Love it! :)

And if you believe that anyone can predict anything into 2020, I'd like to sell you a bridge that will be worth a trillion dollars in 2020. :)

#150     Oct 6, 2010