Oops, Nice try

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jayford, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Well folks...

I put my real email, as well as my phone number here so real traders would join me(or anyone interested actually). I have received three VERY scary calls.

For those four of you that joined me trading last week, we are done here. I will email you seperately.

Jay

2. I saw that post of yours and I am sorry that experiment turned out bad for you. I was really wondering how the lurking jackass people on the board would respond to someone actually trying to help some traders. I am sure the ones who responded weird don't even actually trade. I admire you for taking a stand and a risk at trying to help a few traders. It was good to see in such a cut throat business where you find a lot of socially and surprising mentally messed up people.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

scary as in ...the ring, the godfather or just some nuts?

4. Trajan

Trajan

It makes me nervous sometimes about making certain posts. Forums will always attract nuts, but here we are dealing with a lot of money. I find the regulars are pretty good at calling bullshit when it comes a long, at least in the options forum.

5. man

man

very sorry for you to have that sort of trouble when trying to help. strange people out there ...

peace

6. sammybea

sammybea

jay, have to join with these other guys and praise you for trying. Not a lot of people have the guts for doing something proactive to help others. Thanks, and sorry that it didn't work.

7. ummm... is anyone surprised that posting one's private contact info in the internet <i>isn't</i> such a good idea?

I mean, if you dangle your leg in the lion's cage at the zoo, should you complain if he eats it?

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Given all the tools available for internet conferencing, I can't imagine why anybody would give out their phone number online, much less a message board, much less this message board.

--Db

9. ....let me guess, guys from Andover called you???:D