OOPS!!! .....Biden slips bigtime and tells the real truth!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 20, 2008.

1. New York Post
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008
    Last Update: 03:20 PM EDT

JOE BIDEN'S FEARS

Last updated: 5:54 am
    October 21, 2008
    Posted: 4:08 am
    October 21, 2008

Joe Biden wonders whether Barack Obama is qualified to be commander-in-chief.

"Mark my words," Biden warned Sunday at a Democratic fund-raiser. "It will not be six months [after the inauguration] before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy."

Then he added, "Watch. We're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

Now, here's where it gets scary.

Obama's "gonna need your help to use your influence within the community to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

He's going to need help?

Terrific.

What's particularly disturbing is Biden's Kennedy analogy.

For those who don't recall, it was a scant five months after JFK became president that Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev took his measure.

Kennedy had just bungled the 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba, then went off to a summit in Vienna - where Khruschev determined that the rookie chief executive could be had.

Two months later, construction began on the Berlin Wall, precipitating a crisis that nearly led to a US-Soviet shooting war in Europe.

And 14 months after that came the Cuban Missile Crisis - when nuclear Armageddon was only barely averted.

Is Biden saying that America's current enemies - sorely aware of Obama's inexperience - plan to test a President Obama with similar crises, to see what he's made of?

Sure seems like it.

But what if Obama is still on the wrong side of the learning curve when this major international crisis hits?

More important: What if he makes the wrong decision - as even Joe Biden suggests he might?

After all, Obama was wrong about the troop surge in Iraq.

And he was wrong in his initial response to Russia's invasion of Georgia - when he urged the victimized nation to "show restraint."

And he was wrong when he said he would gladly sit down unconditionally with people like Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - the very people his own running-mate now says are planning to "test" him.

As John McCain said yesterday, "We don't want a president who invites testing from the world . . . The next president won't have time."

Little wonder, then, that Biden later admitted that he "probably shouldn't have said all this."

But why not, Joe?

It's doubtless all true.

And it's much better to get it all out now - rather than wait until it's too late to do anything about it.

#61     Oct 21, 2008
  2. NY post = Rupert Murdoch = Fox News = Republican filth

#62     Oct 21, 2008
  3. lindq

lindq

Makes you wonder, doesn't it, why McCain supporters haven't learned the lesson of putting a gunslinging maverick into the White House.

The "testing" of George Bush on 9/11 was met with a thoughtless knee-jerk reaction that played directly into the hands of Bin Laden, and has left us TRILLIONS of dollars poorer and with hundreds of thousands of civilian and military casualties.

If anyone thinks that McCain will react differently, they've been asleep for the past 25 years.

The only thing that would hold him back is that our military and economic strength is now so depleted that our options for response to any crisis are severely limited.

#63     Oct 21, 2008
  4. I see. But the NYTimes is gospel.........

OK, then. I'll pull the NYTimes article on the very important incident where Biden said his man will be challenged w/i ...........

What?!!!???:confused: I'll be darned!!!! They didn't report on it.

Son of a gun. Who'da thought???

Truth hurts. Doesn't it? If you win, and it's a big 'if'. You'll get four years. then, it'll take ten to clean to mess up.

Hey. What's Murtha up to ? Playing the race card again?

#64     Oct 21, 2008
  5. wjk

wjk

He's just talking about the old timers, you know, guys like Byrd.

#65     Oct 21, 2008
  6. I think it's total and complete folly to believe that Barry would institue a draft. He'd be shot in his sleep.

I think after the abortion the Bush has left all over the world there's no chance in hell that Barry stoops to the level.

No way on this planet does that happen.

Did you ever look at my Bro's blog.
    Mike is former SF operator. It's his opinion that we're screwing the pooch in Ghanni too. http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

#66     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Reverse chronological Pa(b)st:
    All those platitudes and you can't do better than 12-1?

Here, this video should help you shorten the odds a little...Impressive credentials.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PXHqrSp58&feature=related

#67     Oct 21, 2008
  8. I'd still say she's 35% to be the nominee...

#68     Oct 21, 2008
  9. [​IMG]

Seeing those "little starbursts" again?

#69     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Colin Powell Warns Of Coming Crisis "We Don't Even Know About Right Now"

Echoes Biden comments that Obama will be tested in early days of his term

Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Tuesday, Oct 21, 2008

Colin Powell has made bizarre comments that echo the recent declaration by Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden that there will be an "international crisis" early into Barack Obama's presidency that will test the new president by forcing him to make unpopular decisions.

Speaking on meet the press two days ago, Powell officially endorsed Obama and also made the following statement:

"The problems will always be there and there's going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now.

So I think what the President has to start to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and convince the world that America is solid, that America is going to move forward, we are going to fix our economic problems, we're going to meet out overseas obligations."

Watch Powell make the comment at 2.35 into the following video:

http://www.infowars.net/articles/october2008/211008Powell.htm

#70     Oct 21, 2008