OOPS!!! .....Biden slips bigtime and tells the real truth!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 20, 2008.

1. lindq

lindq

Why did you not print the rest of Biden's remarks? Which are as follows:

“They’re going to want to test him, just like they did young John Kennedy. They’re going to want to test him. And they’re going to find out this guy’s got steel in his spine.” Biden said.

#52     Oct 21, 2008
  2. You're smug not bright. :p Do you need a President right now being tested. I can live without a President needing to show spine. People are going to take shots left and right and while on the "easy" decisions-Iraq vs. Israel-I'm sure Obama will react decisively but what about reigning in Chavez let alone the BIGGIE, how to mettle in Pakistan without causing Jihad. We're in for a brutal set of confrontations. I told my liberal neighbor a few weeks back that by 2010 he'll long for the quiet days of the hated Bush years........

#53     Oct 21, 2008
  3. Just what we need, a president who every nut job on the earth perceives to be weak. You can see these foaming at the mouth right now.

But I think BO will just SMS the bad guys and set up a meeting to work it all out.

#54     Oct 21, 2008
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I wonder if the candidates have been briefed on something, and "foot n mouth" Biden let is slip.

There was a recent article about Bush working with both campaigns for a smooth transition........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/09/AR2008100901556.html?tid=informbox

Bush Creates Council for Transition

By Dan Eggen
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, October 10, 2008; Page A02

President Bush created a special council yesterday to guide the transition to a new administration, another step toward the end of Bush's eight tumultuous years in office.

Under an executive order signed by Bush, a newly created Presidential Transition Coordinating Council will meet Wednesday to begin mapping out an orderly handoff to Republican John McCain or Democrat Barack Obama.

The McCain and Obama campaigns have already begun preparations for a possible transition. The White House said the administration has been working with representatives from both sides since the summer and has provided security clearances for key aides.

"It has probably never been more critical that a transition from an administration, from one to the next, is as seamless as possible," said Dana Perino, White House press secretary. "Our nation is at war, we are dealing with a financial crisis and we are trying to protect ourselves from terrorist attacks."

#55     Oct 21, 2008
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Something else to consider.

Everyone assumes that with an Obama victory, Israel will be pressed to use military action between Nov 4 and Jan 2009 gainst Iran.

If they really view Obama as not freindly to Israel, why not launch the attack before the elections? Could make the difference in the election. Just something to think about.

#56     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

The reason Joe said this was so that when something does happen - anything will do - Obama can then say all bets are off, we can't live up to our promises from the campaign. When people complain he will point to this and say "You were warned."

#57     Oct 21, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

In the primary, Biden said Obama was not ready to be prez, and now he said he will be tested. Hmmmm. Maybe Biden doesn't know who's side he is on. Or maybe he does...

#58     Oct 21, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You would think that quote would get a lot more press.

#59     Oct 21, 2008
    #60     Oct 21, 2008