Ooops I did it again

Discussion in 'Forex' started by aiyah_mark_lah, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Arggg, angry angry angry with myself. I did it again, lost pips because I was influenced by other people's opinions.

Sometimes gems can be found on public forums. But no matter how reputable others are, it's my own judgement that matters. I did well, even when I was against the opinion of the person I respect, but I was subtly drawn into other people's mindset. I trapped myself again. The scary part is, I didn't realize it.

Booked my biggest lost ytd, thankfully my P&L is still in + territory. A cheap price to pay for a painful reminder.

Just ranting....

2. It can't have been me, I rarely express my market bias or take notice of anyone else's for that very reason (well that and not wanting to look dumb if my analysis crashes and burns :) ), it can have me second guessing some perfectly good analysis of my own.

So come one, who was it :D

3. LOL it wasn't in this forum, its the other one famous for FX :D

No its not Jacko :D

Some pretty good stuff there, but I got too involved in the mumbo jumbo and tadaah....I tripped LOL. Their performance has been terrible for the past 2 weeks and I just sat there quietly and reap my pips, but this faithful day I fell into the dark side.

Feeling kind of silly after so many years of trading. Like most cult threads, the follower's consistency is questionable.

Anyway to each their own. I read somewhere you hit a rough patch or something ? and you are taking a break ?

regards

4. Yep, a much needed break, I was making some really dumbass mistakes and missing some great opportunities, I guess it's a combination of boredom and complacency.

I hear you about trading forums, mind you sometimes there's some good analysis and ideas....just not very often :)

5. Indeed, such public forums made up a large part of what I have today. The filtration process can be tedious though.

Enjoy your break cable, you are probably just experiencing a "retracement".

regards

6. FX has been pretty tough recently

Enjoy your break!

7. lo, that's it, I'm in retracement mode :D

Thanks guys, have a good couple of weeks, leave some pips for me!

8. What a tosser. What a total loser

pippip

9. Another tosser. Another loser.
    This forum is for tossers and losers

pippip

10. madisonave, pipspimp and fxterrapin should all fcuk off.

don't get dragged into playing their game of starting a scrap between the two forums. It makes all traders look like a bunch of girls and makes the forums look amateurish

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166638&perpage=6&pagenumber=4

#10     Jun 17, 2009