Ooooops TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Surdo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. It's definitely in 8.2. EXACTLY earlier? Don't know.

You can name the exits in your strategy.

"When using multiple exits within a strategy, it is helpful to label each exit order with a different name. This enables you to identify these exit orders in both the price chart and the Strategy Performance Report. To assign an exit order a name, specify a name in quotation marks and within parentheses immediately after the word Sell. For Example:

Sell ("My Exit") This Bar on Close;"

#51     Feb 28, 2008
  2. Aok

Aok

Sys, the biggest problem was with loading/changing symbols/time frames on the fly. 20 sec (or longer) lag is unacceptable. Also manually adding symbols prior to loading them is beyond tedious.

However I say was because with beta 3.0 both of those MAJOR pts seem to have be dealt with.

Just waiting for Multichart RadarScreen now. Maybe end of second qtr. Which really means by end of the year.

#52     Feb 28, 2008
  3. Alegnus

Alegnus

open e cry charges $2.40 RT per contract as listed on their website. What am I missing here? Is it too good to be true, or are there other fees on top of that which brings it up to the $3.5-4.50 range like the rest?

#53     Feb 28, 2008
  4. Alegnus

Alegnus

Someone on another forum said E cry doesn't include CME fees, which would be another $1.20 or so. So I was missing something.:eek:

#54     Feb 28, 2008
  5. Just FYI I've been running with OpenECry's AutoX tool linked to my Tradestation account for about a month (24x5) with no problems so far. AutoX listens to the strategy email messages (like all the other tools that allow placing Tradestation orders with other brokers) and then places them with OpenEcry. I think there's a fee associated with each execution (I never bothered to check) but it's something like 50 cents per trade.

Worth checking out, although the documentation could be a little clearer about how to specify the symbol mappings when using a continuous series.

SSB

#55     Feb 28, 2008
  6. AC3

AC3

As I look to expand my trading out I would like to get into trading Euribor and other Eurex products however I'm tied into using Tradestation. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who uses Tradestation and executes Eurex products "away" from TS. Just curious..... I'm aware of using it to trade US products was just wondering if there are any hiccups....

#56     Feb 29, 2008
  7. Aok

Aok

AC3,

See my link to syswizard couple pages back.

You can auto execute trades through Eurex with TS, Ninja, and IB.

Or if you want to get away from TS entirely, try SmartQuant. Their list of brokers that they work with is even greater, IB, OEC among them for Eurex trading.

#57     Feb 29, 2008