Ooooops TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Surdo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. fseitun

fseitun

do you guys TS users experienced any major freeze during the nasty upspike at 3.30pm?

#41     Feb 22, 2008
  2. INTERESTING COMMENT.
    Unbelieveably, Interactive Brokers could do this in a heartbeat.
    UNFORTUNATELY, they've been lead down the path of outsourcing/foreign programmers....and just getting them to acknowledge problems has become a huge wall to climb.
    They have a decent scanner...they just need it to be more flexible via parameters. We told them this 10 MONTHS ago....and no progress since.

#42     Feb 23, 2008
  3. No

#43     Feb 23, 2008
  4. Can you enumerate some of the problem with Multicharts v 2.1 ?

#44     Feb 23, 2008
  5. I did what you guys want to do, use T.S charts and trade thru Ninja ZEN FIRE however they loose connection a lot and I mean
    Yes they are fast but they lock up to, one day they locked up
    And I could not believe I was on the right side for it I could not sell if I wanted to. LOL

I think it is like any time we get pissed we look for someone else
    Just like relationships, we always looking for better

Take Care,

Joe Baker

P.S Yes I did leave T.S many times but went back with tail between my leggs, only because of there charting !

#45     Feb 23, 2008
  6. AC3

AC3

I asked this in another forum but will give it a try here what are your thoughts on this .... Why wouldn't IB make a bid for Tradestation.....Tradestations platform is stagnant and hasn't really evolved in years. It appears that the firm has no plans to make themselves competitive or take it to the next level... why not cut the wait time, pick up accounts and buy up TS. Funneling orders from TS's platform through to IB's Trademanager wouldn't appear to be that difficult. This would also make the dream of TS clients of being able to executing Eurex products and Forex on one platform finally a reality.

#46     Feb 23, 2008
  7. That's a helluva idea. In fact, it may actually happen...I just got an email from Tradestation indicating they are looking for engineers....which means the existing ones are bailing....and for good reason. Tradestation appears not to be improving their server infrastructure....with all of the complaints on this board and others....that is so telling. Also, their "gem" Easy Language simply has not been significantly improved in the past 5 years. It still lacks a Select/Case structure which is critical for complex applications....and you still can't query a system variable after a trade is completed to tell you which signal or stop order was responsible for closing the trade.

#47     Feb 23, 2008
  8. rickf

rickf

Perhaps of relevance to this thread, but here's a copy of my note sent earlier today to the Tradestation sales guy I was speaking with a few weeks ago. Based on my research thus far and much interaction with traders elsewhere, as of right now I'm about 99% set to transfer my futures trading account from OXPS to Open-Ecry. And hearing some of the comments here about TS software issues and server downtime during peak periods only further raises concerns about TS in my view.

Anyway, here's my note to TS:

Dear NAME$

To follow-up on our initial chat a few weeks ago, while your software looks very impressive, I have decided not to pursue TS as a futures broker or platform to switch my account to. (Please feel free to pass my comments below to your supervisors or management if you like.)

Specifically, I am not impressed with the fact that TS does not offer prospective customers a chance to obtain and experiment with its software and get a "feel" for its trading environment unless we first open and fund an account -- in my view, that places an onerous and unnecessary administrative burden on prospective customers. Screen shots and movies are not the same as experimenting with a demo account and seeing if the environment and platform "works" or is best-suited for us and our trading styles.

Quite simply, I refuse to essentially "pay" for a demonstration of your platform. The approach TS takes in not allowing prospective customers to preview its software first runs contrary to most other futures brokers I've researched, and is a major factor in my decision to not open an account with you.

Please know that while I am impressed with what I can see of your software thus far, if your policy changes and you allow prospective customers to experiment with the TS platform in some sort of "demo" account, I would reconsider TS as a possible addition to my futures trading platform. But I will not open a live brokerage account simply to test-drive a trading platform.

Thanks for your assistance, and have a good weekend.

#48     Feb 23, 2008
  9. Actually they do now.

From the TS Help file:

Switch ( expression )
    Begin
    Case case-expression: statements;
    Default: statements;
    End;

The status of a strategy you might want to hold in a Global Variable as switches.

Not saying they are still not missing what are now some basics for other platforms (like Replay, Range Bars, the litany is long...)

#49     Feb 23, 2008
  10. Exactly WHICH 8.x version did that construct get supported ?
    Also, can you demonstrate in 8.x how to determine after a position is closed, which exit signal was responsible for the closing trade ? (assume multiple exits were part of the strategy)
    Somehow in TS2000i, TS "forgot" to maintain a pointer between the orders and the entry/exit signals.

#50     Feb 24, 2008