Only suckers are selling here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kicking, Nov 19, 2008.

1. There are tons of stocks imploding. At some point the indexes are going to catch up.

#11     Nov 19, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Some suggestions for new Equity index names.

Sit & Pee 500
    DOWn & out
    NasDoggy 100

#12     Nov 19, 2008
  3. Shaqi

Shaqi

GM, Chrylser, and some othe nutter car fim want $25B bailout - noone at treasurary has a clue on how to spend the $750B - initially we were told its buy toxic assets - but now any Big Joe The Plumber company in trouble wants a slice of the action - so we gonna rally right :D

#13     Nov 19, 2008
  4. They are taking the market so fucking low taht people will get shit scared out
    And yes no one can tell where the bottom or the top is :(

#14     Nov 19, 2008
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

I have no faith in the bailouts, etc., but valuations are at their best levels since the early 80s. I know, the permabears say valuations are meaningless. They said the same 30 years ago..."Equities are dead" was the standard line.

I'm no raging permabull, but the arguments from the permabears ignore historical data (always run when you hear "trust us, it's different this time") and are predicated upon some very poor comparisons to the Great Depression.

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

So, you're loaded long here?

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. I would argue that the value of everything is being reevaluated....and I mean everything. If you believe valuations are at such a great level and that they have fully discounted the downturn yet to come, then by all means BUY! BUY! BUY!

#17     Nov 19, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

I hear some Talking Heads (dumbasses, really) saying there is great value in the market with forward earnings of $85 or $100.

In reality, the 12-month trailing earnings are $48.52... that makes the SP P/E = 18x... not cheap, and earnings more likely to fall further than explode to $85+.

#18     Nov 19, 2008
  9. If you had bought a Tbond on the first day of this month you could be up 9 points. Now if you are calling 9 points onside a sucker trade then I am calling you an oxygen thief...

#19     Nov 19, 2008
  10. Sorry if this offends but You give the public TOO MUCH credit!

I used to trade for 401K accounts in 2003. Sheeple as they are lovingly called would react in the following way. I would check the Dow (yes, I know 30 components, price weighted and useless but we are talking sheeple), if Dow < -200, people call to get out of equity funds and jump into money market, Dow > +200, people call to jump out of money market to jump back into equity funds. The % greater than these 2 levels, the greater the amount of trades done that day. Fun, fun, fun.

And just think, Bush wanted everyone to invest their own account. You and I would have to pay more taxes for those who could not manage their own retirement accounts.

#20     Nov 19, 2008