Only one ECN book now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Math_Wiz, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Is there only one ECN book now on the Level II screen? I realize you can still route to different ECN's, but are they all represented under one book under the Level II window?

If it's not true, then there must be something wrong with my software, lol.

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

2. INET/BRUT have merged with the Nasdaq SuperMontage...

So... the result is SingleBook.

On a traditional level 2 display, all aggregate orders from SUMO, BRUT,INET will display under the MPID NSDQ.

There's pretty much only 2 major books left from the ECN's.. nadsaq and ARCA.

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader/tradingservices/integration.stm

3. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Alright, then my software must be wrong, because my ECN book is no longer showing ARCA. Right? My ECN book is wrong?

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

4. B1010

B1010

I think you have to pay for the ARCA book now to see the ARCA quotes. You may be able so see just the Arca inside market for free. But I'm almost sure I'm charged around $50 per month now to see the depth of the arca book but I need to check my sheets to confirm.

5. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Oh thanks, you are probably right. I'll have to check into that.

So I'm guessing that it must be just a coincidence that SingleBook came into existence on the same day that Arca began charging for its open book? The reason that I say this is because BRUT and ARCA disappeared from my ECN open book on the same day (I think it was Tuesday of this week). If ARCA disappeared because I now have to pay for it (I wasn't forewarned :(), and BRUT disappeared because it merged into SingleBook, then I understand. Funny that both things happened on the same day though.

+-*/ Math_Wiz