Only losers daytrade from their own home?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crgarcia, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob111

Bob111

nah..not interested..have to kill some time anyway while either in position,during trading hours or running some updates,back tests etc at evening..

#31     Jul 13, 2010
  2. Jerry030

Jerry030

But this thread is so stupid...is your time of so little value to you?

#32     Jul 14, 2010
  3. kandlekid

kandlekid

Not true. HP was started in a garage in Palo Alto. And it helped spawn something called "Silicon Valley".

#33     Jul 14, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

what should i do then? just work 24/7?

#34     Jul 14, 2010
  5. Jerry030

Jerry030

The guy who started this stupid thread comes from a lower class blue collar family. His father was a factory worker, along with the rest of the extended family. The office was where the successful people when to work. It is a symbol in this poor guys mind of success. Dad wanted this guy to be a success which gave him a neurotic fixation on going to the office. He isn't doing well as a trader and thinks if he only had a job with a brokerage company or something in an "office" his dad would love him.

For you time: try reading threads on ET that expand your trading skills, if there are any. If not join LinkedIn...it's where he the adults discuss the markets.

#35     Jul 14, 2010
  6. Isn't that about 90% the truth?

#36     Jul 14, 2010
  7. I profited really BIG from the stock market rebound.
    And no I don't come from a blue collar family.
    Do you?

#37     Jul 16, 2010
  8. Jerry030

Jerry030

Dear Mr. Crgarcia,

OK, I did give up my planned psychology major after two years so I guess I was wrong on that one. Perhaps you have some other kind of fixation on offices, but I'd only be guessing.

It's just that your topic and premise is so lame and idiotic that I thought you were dealing publically with some kind of neurosis or compulsion.

Facts:

People who make money are called winners

People who loose money are called losers.

Where their body was when the event happened has as much relevancy as the color of their shoes.

We could start a lengthily discussion on how people wearing black shoes are more likely to lose money or if better yet if they keep their wallet in their left or right pocket. What would be the point?
    It’s dumb, lame and stupid.

How do you classify people who trade an automated system using a collocated server? Are they winners if they travel to the collocation facility ever day (which could be thousands of miles from their residence) to have lunch with the server and wipe the dust off or see if it is happy but losers if they just use VPN remotely to check on what trades were made and is the server happy today?

If you used the same neurons to pick your stocks on the market recovery as you did to start this topic then mark one up to dumb luck.

Move into the year 2010. Going to the office is so retro it’s like Leave to Beaver.

#38     Jul 16, 2010
  9. spindr0

spindr0

YOU'RE AN IDIOT

#39     Jul 17, 2010
  10. spindr0

spindr0

What's wrong with Beaver???

#40     Jul 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.