Only in California

Discussion in 'Economics' started by samui, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ashatet

ashatet

what we see in Kaaliforni is moral bankruptcy of the general population. They divert the attention to illegal aliens, who for most part are working at $8 an hour, while these civil servants or masters really are cleaning up big time.

#11     Jul 21, 2010
  2. kxvid

kxvid

#12     Jul 21, 2010
  3. thats some obamanomics right there

seems like you went to cesare chavez community college

#13     Jul 21, 2010
  4. AK100

AK100

Another solution is a bloodless military coup.

Let the Army take over, through the useless politicians out, clean house without worrying about having to worry about future votes and then 5 years later stand down and have normal elections.

If things don't get better over the next 1-3 years the chance of this happening gets better and better......

#14     Jul 21, 2010
  5. #15     Jul 23, 2010
  6. Where's Zorro when ya need him?
    "Don Diego, the Alcalde' has stolen all of the peoples money!"

#16     Jul 23, 2010

7. The high paid mayor still has the last laugh. Even though he resigned, after 17 years on the job, he is entitled to a $650,000 a year pension courtesy of the State of California. (The city of Bell makes pension contributions on behalf of the employee to the state run pension system.)

The State of California also gives yearly COLA (cost of living adjustments) increases to those receiving pensions. I think it has averaged 2% to 3% per year over the last 5 years.

#17     Jul 23, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Insane!!! I guess the band "Red hot chili peppers" may be onto something with that song called "Californication." I'm sure they're talking about sex in the song, but looks like the "leaders" in Kalli-forn-iya have been doing the same with taxpayer money...

#18     Jul 23, 2010
  9. olias

olias

My problem with immigration is that I want to make sure we keep out known terrorists. All of the cool Mexicans, for example, I don't mind that they are here illegally at all. Do any of us doubt that we would do differently if we were in their shoes? Wouldn't you do what you could to give your family a better life? Just because it is 'illegal' doesn't automatically make it unethical.

We can argue about the economic impact that illegal immigration has, but the we can't argue about the hypocrisy. The vast majority of USA are immigrants and children of immigrants. Now we want to keep others out because it's 'ours'. I think the economic debate is usually a smokescreen to hide racism. Not always, or course....but usually.

#19     Jul 23, 2010
  10. That's 2.... ON IGNORE!

#20     Jul 23, 2010