Only in California

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Oct 22, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Near me they still have plastic and paper however I have noticed some retailers trying to sell canvas bags to customers which makes me just laugh.

Aside from that I also noticed that they will actually give you rebates of 1 penny if you bring back a plastic bag and reuse it.

Another place giving people a little discount is WHOLE foods, 5-10 cents if you bring in your bag and reuse it again, now let me get this straight, the average person who shops at whole foods probably has an average salary of 75k+ a year, its usally soccer moms driving either big gas guzzlers like escalades or an audi a6 or bmw 5 series, now please tell me why the fuck would someone who shops at whole foods would want to save 5 cents on each brown bag they reuse.

#11     Oct 22, 2009
  2. I know people who are very close to me whose last five years AGI was well into the 7 figures. And she takes her canvass bags every time she goes to whole foods.

BTW: Plus she can drive any automobile made anywhere in the world yet she chooses to drive a Prius.

#12     Oct 22, 2009
  3. And you drive a BMW! Shame on you. Zhivodka.

#13     Oct 22, 2009
  4. And the toilet paper will be made of linen, and must be reused.

Cloth adult diapers, anyone? :D :D :D

#14     Oct 22, 2009
  5. wave

wave

Toilet Paper is so old school, get with the times.

http://www.sanicare.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=55

Shit and spray.:D

#15     Oct 22, 2009
  6. #16     Oct 22, 2009
  7. jem

jem

I have to agree with vodka's sentiment. Although I do not have that kind of agi.

I live close to a Trader Joes - which is a like Henrys or whole foods.

The canvas bags fit the store's image and makes their customers feel better about their suvs. (I include myself as a suv owner. I have 3 kids and one on the way.)

But there are a ton of people who like the idea they are not wasting paper or plastic. Some are surfers and realize how polluted the ocean is.

I am sure many of you see my posts as being from the typical conservative who gives a rats ass about liberal causes kind of guy.

But, I think being conservative includes conserving the environment.

My new conservative motto - (this is on a tee for you libs)

Why waste shit or dump shit when you can conserve shit.

#17     Oct 22, 2009
  8. Next they're going to ban AstroGlide.

The ass rammers are going to riot!!!

#18     Oct 22, 2009
  9. Ban astroglide? nOOOOOOO. I use it sometimes when my girl's not wet enough, that stuff is great.

#19     Oct 22, 2009
  10. She's always wet enough for me. :)

(Sorry, that was a lob. Couldn't pass it up. LOL)

#20     Oct 22, 2009