Only in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm with him.

#11     Jan 11, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

Is that allowed under sharia law? :D

#12     Jan 11, 2012
  3. +1 Exactly.

c

#13     Jan 11, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't think women can do anything but make babies and do the laundry under Sharia law. :)

#14     Jan 11, 2012
  5. Wallet

Wallet

The idea is to ban it before it's tried. Only the laws of this country apply in it's courts. I fail to see why that's a problem, it saves the courts precious time and resources, from the attempt of defense lawyers to offer Sharia Law as a legal defense. If the person in question has a problem with our laws by all means they can leave.

#15     Jan 11, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Next time my gf wants to drive my GT500 to work I'm going to cite Shari'a law.:D

#16     Jan 11, 2012
  7. Hmm? A 'premptive' strike, that worked well in other arenas, right? Ban stuff, ban anything that we don't understand. Banned in Boston ring a bell? Look, we are not going to Sharia Law, or anything like it, BECAUSE we are a nation of laws, not of fearful ideologies. Let's try to keep it that way. I don't fear Sharia law any more than I fear the Asteroid coming to take the good people to another planet, or that the Mayan calendar and Nostradamus are correct in that they predict the end of time is in December 2012.

c

#17     Jan 11, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I hope they are still allowed to cook. If they can't cook I'll start strangling muslims myself.

#18     Jan 11, 2012
  9. OK, ok, that IS funny.

c:)

#19     Jan 11, 2012
  10. Wallet

Wallet

If the VAST majority of people in Oklahoma want to adopt a law prohibiting other countries laws into their courts, why can't they? The idea that it's never going to happen, therefore it's not a legal issue is bullshit. I don't fear it, and I don't want to try to understand it's archaic repressive background. It's in contrast to our laws. Furthermore I can see banning Sharia Law in a positive light, it makes a statement regarding the violation of Womens rights, possibly even preventing violence.... we have already seen Sharia type violence being carried out on women here.

If you don't like it, don't move to Oklahoma.

#20     Jan 11, 2012