Only freeloader losers will vote Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crgarcia, Jul 22, 2008.

1. I REALLY hope you're right. Your argument IS compelling.

#51     Jul 23, 2008
  2. Spot on brother.

#52     Jul 23, 2008
  3. Productive people -like me- are often too busy.
    So, I'm always in a hurry, which caused the typo.

Lazy free loaders are too bored -perhaps unemployed-, so they look for each and every mistake.

#53     Jul 24, 2008
  4. You should chill and smell the roses a bit then. There's very little excuse for a too and to mistake. However...you edited it well...why bring it up aging? You were Scott free.

#54     Jul 24, 2008
  5. I didn't bother quoting your "sick fucks" comment, just so juvenile.

To your notes above. Since there has been little or no discussions about instituting a draft, I would hardly call any of my comments talking points. Now, the comment about going after the REAL terrorists is just so primary and obvious, so I guess it could be a talking point, nothing to ashamed of there.

c

#55     Jul 24, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

aging?

Hey can I join the spelling/grammar Gestapo now TOO (as in also)?

:D

#56     Jul 24, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

The only scenario where the US would start a draft, would be so serious that the entire democratic world would be onside. Brits, Europeans, Aussies etc, maybe even the French, would start volunteering for their national armies in whatever conflict it was, before any Yank gets drafted IMO.

#57     Jul 24, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Two phrases:

Pearl Harbour
    Cold War

A few rich Saudis on an ego trip doesn't quite pose the same threat.

A draft is possible but ONLY if there is a serious threat to western civilisation. Killing 400 people per annum - less than die in a bad fortnight on the roads - does not qualify as serious.

If and when a true threat appears, all free countries will have more than enough *volunteers* to meet the manpower requirements. It does not take a draft to invade and conquer a pipsqueak like Iran, if they are dumb enough to actually try to acquire nukes and then do more than sabre-rattle. Only China or Russia would require that, and not only is there 0.01% chance of anything involving them, but it would be settled with nukes not an invasion force.

The only circumstances under which the draft would be needed in the next few years, it would not be necessary.

#58     Jul 24, 2008
  9. Who's talking Saudi?

I'm talking about nuclear Pakistan.

I'm talking about Obama muckraking on the Afghan-Pakistan border and eliciting a military response from Pakistan. The all of Sen. Change's minions can nod their heads "we're fighting the REAL terorists, we're fighting the REAL terrorists".

#59     Jul 24, 2008
    #60     Jul 24, 2008