Only freeloader losers will vote Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crgarcia, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Mr. Pabst, let me respond with a couple of notes. If we use up or volunteer armies in something we call a war that has no definition of winning, then, yes, a draft might be in the cards. That would very unfortunate, but as some might say, as in the VietNam war, at least we would have a better cross section of the U.S. population in the military.

Speaking of opaque, trying to find an answer to the question of how do we define winning in Iraq? Much like the movie War Games, the only way to win is to not play. Makes sense that we should not have simply not played in Iraq. Chasing terrorists is something that makes more sense in my opinion.

And, I'm not so sure that getting unemployed Americans into the military is worse than having them on welfare rolls. I'm not a fan of the draft by any means, but making it sound left wing to employ in workfare instead of welfare seems a bit more conservative in nature.

If your skin crawls because of a sitting American Senator, with a strong following by fellow Americans, may be our next President, then I don't know what to say. Some thought the Nation was held hostage for 8 years with Mr. Clinton, some think things are much worse with Mr. Bush, but we seemed to have survived thus far.

Hoping to find the 80% of Americans between the wacky on either side. That way we can work on our many concerns rather than feeding the wallets of extreme media types who pass along fighting words to their disciples. Sound a bit Un-American to me.

c

#41     Jul 23, 2008
  2. Very true...Bush is completely politically tone deaf. That's exactly why he'll go down as the worst president in history.

However...I just think there's no way a draft could be implemented in todays world unless there was another major attack, like the nuking of NYC or something similar.

Kids would just ignore it. And America doesn't have the resources to chase down that many young ones. Just can't see it.

#42     Jul 23, 2008
  3. Check out cgroups post below Doc.

He almost ESTABLISHES the talking points.

*Give a purpose to those young unemployed adults

* Keep crime in check

*Ensure rich white kids ALSO participate in the fighting

*Go after the REAL terrorists

Ya know what killed the Iraq War Doc. Prosperity!! A war with unemployment at 10% is quite different than a war with the jobless rate at 3.8%

I've said this for years and commie douchebags like T-Dog illistrate/validate my point well. It wasn't Bush's WAR that pissed off the Left. It was his domestic policies that sent libs out sniping. The war was just an excuse to protest. As long as Obama stays to the left on fiscal/social/tax stuff the libs won't care if he drafts, nukes, kills GI's ect. Hell Chavez is a hero to many of these sick fucks....

#43     Jul 23, 2008
  4. Stop being opaque and tell me what you really think.

P.S. I'm betting you want a label maker for Christmas.

#44     Jul 23, 2008
  5. I agree 100%. No way in hell do we have a draft. The public is already very war weary as it is. There would massive rioting in the streets for either a draft or a war vs Iran, unless Iran attacked Israel first. That said, I could easily see a bombing of Iran, just not a ground war.

#45     Jul 23, 2008
  6. Any more "war weary" than American's who went to Korea just five years after the conclusion of WWll?

Or the 600,000 Americans who went to Vietnam-a country most in the U.S. had never even heard of.

In 1940 70% of Americans said no to war against Germany even AFTER the blitz. 18 months later we were in Europe losing hundreds of thousands of troops.

Traders above ANYONE should realize how quickly sentiment changes. How many people looked at BSC a year ago and thought, "now there's a stock that'll be history nine months from now."

#46     Jul 23, 2008
  7. Arnie

Arnie

I have a great Idea!

Lets subsidize college with govt grants and low int loans! That way, the people going to college have no idea what the real cost is, so the demand is not offset by supply. Isn't that a GREAT idea?

Heck, lets do that with health care too! We'll make the employers pick up the tab, and if someone needs to see a doctor, they just make a small "co-pay" of like $20. That way, the demand for health care won't be impacted by it's real cost.

Shit! WHY NOT PAY PEOPLE TO NOT WORK? How great is that? Or Better yet, if you work, but don't make that much........YOU DON"T HAVE TO PAY TAXES!!

:D :D

#47     Jul 23, 2008
  8. On the plus side, I imagine that it would improve the grammar and spelling here at ET.

#48     Jul 23, 2008
  9. You kid of course but when I was high school I had a job on a dairy farm. The Govi payed him 30K a month to take his milk and they later dumped half of it.

Later they approached him to dump it himself...for a nice payment. Your joke is not new.

I can only wonder what the Florida Sugar industry gets. As long as they vote R right? it's all good.

#49     Jul 23, 2008
  10. I would say equally as war weary as after Nam. Has nothing to do with BSC. Any company could fail at any time with retarded management imo.

US didn't do anything for quite some time after Nam, and already had a draft in place.

I agree with most of your posts Pabst, but completely disagree on a draft. I believe there is no way Americans change their sentiment on this for many years, short of a direct threat to the US or its allies (as in an actual attack. There are always perceived threats). The US military does not want a draft either. They say the quality of recruits drops dramatically.

If it actually happened years down the road, you can say "told you so", but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this one!

#50     Jul 23, 2008