Only freeloader losers will vote Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crgarcia, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Why would anyone with a shred of intelligence & common sense continue paying attention to the theatre production that the political system is?

Why would anyone continue watching mainstream political news, while knowing that it is fully biased, controlled and far from news?

Why would anyone believe a single word that comes out of a "popular" corporate sponsored politician's mouth, and subsequently, care?

#21     Jul 23, 2008
  2. Agreed. I like to keep it simple. I will almost always go for the guy promising tax cuts or who is against increases versus the guy who promises tax increases.

#22     Jul 23, 2008
  3. Yes, your country is far better off s(p)ending thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars into the Iraq sink hole:

http://zfacts.com/p/447.html

And let's not forget those multi-billion-dollar tax breaks and subsidies (that YOU are paying for) in favor of Big Oil. Don't you feel better knowing that you have personally contributed to Big Oil's record profits both with your tax dollars and by paying homage at the pump? Gives you a warm feeling all over, doesn't it, providing corporate welfare to the needy?

And those tax cuts promised to you in the wake of all this spending? Well, everyone knows that supply side economics doesn't really work and isn't even an economic theory but at excuse to pig out at the trough now. So it's just a matter of selling some more Treasuries, something with which the Republicans have considerable experience, as history has repeatedly demonstrated. It's sort of a no-cash-down, play-now-pay-later deal that's presently all the rage. And when the time comes to pay? Well, you have kids and grandchildren, right? It'll give them a sense of responsibility that our young need, eh? Put some starch in 'em.

#23     Jul 23, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wow, it must be nice to live in a country with absolutely no problems or issues.

At least that's what I'm assuming since you seem to have so much time to worry about another country's politics and policies.

#24     Jul 23, 2008
  5. Another country's politics and policies.

You're welcome.

#25     Jul 23, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've been doing that a lot lately, with my luck it's probably Alzheimer's.

So where is it you are so fortunate to live that you have nothing to do but worry about the U.S. and our politics?

#26     Jul 23, 2008
  7. Clinton's tax policies would not work at all right now. He was lucky to be Prez just as the tech boom started, and leave just as it ended. Talk about timing!

Anyway, cap gains at a higher levels worked then because the rest of the World was even higher than the US. This has completely changed. Most of the world has low to zero cap gains now. Raise our cap gains and you will immediately see billions in capital head overseas. Not only that, but most small biz owners employing over ten people make over 250k. Guess who creates most of the jobs in the US? Raising cap gains is economic suicide, but people who don't know better will ignore this threat as cap gains have been higher in good times past.

Additionally, Obama will raise cap gains for everyone, he just states that most people who will be affected make over 250k anyway. His plan has different top income tax rates for over 250k, but he does not have graduated cap gains (at least not yet). This is all moot though as I think he will be forced to modify anything he proposes somewhat even with a very liberal congress.

This is all assuming he wins, which I think is 50/50 at best as he should be WAY ahead of Mac, and is not for some reason.

Personally, I will vote for Mac due specifically to taxes and spending. I don't like the guy, but I feel very strongly that taxes need to stay where they are (we have record revenues well in excess of GDP growth BTW), and spending needs to be curtailed. Hopefully Mac chooses Romney, cause if he wins, and dies in office (possible), then we will have a business stud running the show. Yeah, the guy flip flops, but nothing compared to BO who flipped on nearly every one of his primary positions!

#27     Jul 23, 2008
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Obama's already on record for saying he's in favor of raising taxes even if it brings in less revenue. It's not about funding government - it's all about "fairness" (his word, not mine) - getting even with the rich.

#28     Jul 23, 2008
  9. Canada. And although sovereign, its economy is an appendage of the US. And so, I give a shit.

#29     Jul 23, 2008
  10. My guess is that "lazy freeloaders" were not paying attention in Junior High School when they supposed to be learning the correct usage of "too" verses to.

#30     Jul 23, 2008